Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what guys who own a KX-6 think. Even if you don't, what do you say what do you know. Thanks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Have had mine for over a year now. Totally dependable. Very well made.
Well balanced. Adjustable rib, comb and butt pad (option from Krieghoff) make
the gun able to fit just about anyone. The gun breaks open easily and
essentially the way Krieghoff has designed it, you simply pull the
barrel latch to the right and the barrel swings open and ejects the shell in
one simple motion. Effortless.

Really nice trigger. Durable coating on metal.
Once you get used to the gun it really is very easy to shoot well.
Felt recoil is very minimal.
My KX6 is a killer from the 27 in Annie Oakley games with the full #4 choke.

A few folks defame the KX6 due to its laser enhanced wood grain… some call it ugly even, not to me. It has the Euro matte black understated look such as Blazer's have.

Other Single barrel guns in this type are the Kolar T/S and the older no longer made Remington 90T HPAR which was a Kolar gun sold by Remington. The Kolar T/S is an improved 90T HPAR.
The Kolars are worth your attention and offer 4 variants of stock configuration for offset and twist.

Hope this helps…

Art

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had mine since they came out. I have owned several different single barrel trap guns including KS-5, KX-5, 90T, TM1, Ljutic, BT99, BT100 and the KX-6 is by far the best. Low recoil and extremely easy to shoot.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,953 Posts
While it's not the prettiest Trap gun I've ever owned, it's by far the best. There is nothing that I don't like about this gun, aside from the looks, which I really don't care about. With the low profile, this guns felt recoil is minimal and the trigger is exceptional.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tronspace/media/DSCN1252_zps44152442.jpg.html" target="_blank">
</a>

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've had mine about 9 months, and absolutely love it. Typically well built K gun, feels solid in hand, and the trigger, as others have mentioned, is exceptional. As noted above, some people feel the wood devalues the gun. I've had more compliments as to the look of the gun and wood than I have anything negative. Gun snobs are just that, gun snobs. I've found the furniture to be extremely durable, both metal and wood, and resistant to the typical handling marks that you'll find on most guns. No regrets.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had mine for a year and half, absolutely no problems, very low recoil by design, and it smokes 'em.....great gun by a great gun manufacturer.

·
Administrator
8,518 Posts
In ref. to the KX-6.I had one and my dad had one and we found them to be easy to fit and adjust for POI as the comb is slightly rolled over and is comfortable to shoot.Both guns patterned consistently with provided chokes.If you are looking for a SBT you will be pleasantly surprised by the KX-6. George

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I've handled the KX-6 and it felt well balanced and swung good but I just can't get over that anti-Etchen pistol grip on a modern trap gun. It's kinda halfway to en English stock or an Ithaca 4E or something. I'd love to own one but I'd have to replace the stock on day 1. Maybe it's just me; I've never heard anybody else comment on it.

-Gary

·
Registered
358 Posts
Tron, let me know when you want that gun to look as good as you shoot it. Always wanted to do up a K-6. Mirror blue barrel with nickel inlays, Satin nickel receiver with polished nickel accents and inlays.

BRUCE

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have had my KX6 for a year and a half and shot about 15,000 targets. Everything about it is first class and I really like the grip. I shot a Model 12 and a 4E for many years and have never liked the tight grip on most new trap guns. Every indication is that I will never need another trap gun but if I do it will be another KX6. Also if you have any questions or need anything the service from Krieghoff is exceptional.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
They do not seem to blow up like the K 80's the people I know that shoot them love them and they can afford most any gun but chose the KX 6 because it works best for them.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,953 Posts
Thanks Bruce, but if I ever shot a gun as pretty as the ones you own which you have done remarkable work on, it would just confuse my friends. They're used to a lot of tape and goop on most anything that I shoot.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Purchased my KX-6 at the 2011 Grand. Have over 20K down the barrel without any problems that I didn't create. I dropped mine at the Owatonna Cebela's shoot and broke the tang. Took a while to get one shipped from Germany. Have always wanted to get a custom stock made for it, a replication in nice wood. Then last year I shot a 100 straight from 25.5 yards and latter a 99 from the 27. This Kgun is like a wife, we don't get along all the time, but I still love'er. Now a little unsure about getting the new stock made. I know....a little cosmetic surgery wouldn't hurt any wife.

Maltz

1 - 19 of 19 Posts