Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just looking to see if anyone has had a chance to shoot one of these yet? I handled one at the Grand and really enjoyed it. Was wondering what people who own one thought about them?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Have had one for about 8 weeks, perhaps 2K thru it, lighter than my XT unsingle, had issues with over and past as I was used to moving more iron, 99% 16 yard but some mid caps,(I score same average in a MC as a 16 w/ it!) its given me a few 23's so far, but no 25, great wood well built, mounts real nice, rolled comb feel great, its me, not the gun that's the hold back! last few weeks better than the prior 6 for consistency, what I like now is I can hold a higher gun that I used to and break em. It patterns very nice at 80/20
Practicing and keeping the day job .. for now!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had one since March low recoil gun, broke a 100 straight and too many 50s to count best gun I've owned so far ! Buy one you'll be very happy with it.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Okay, I have heard a lot of kudos for this gun. The new Krieghoff K6 Special.

While I was at the Grand, I made a point to find one and to handle it. I did not shoot it, and the reason why was evident as soon as I lifted the gun to my shoulder.

It was much to barrel heavy for me. It seemed like the barrel weighed 5 1/2 pounds and the stock only weighed 3 1/2. (I just threw those numbers out there as a point)

I mentioned it to the dealer, (don't know his name) and he also agreed with me.

I told another friend of mine how I felt on the weight of the gun and he purposely went to find one and he also agreed with me.

Now before anyone jumps on me for knocking there gun, I am not doing that, I'm only telling you why I didn't buy one, because I really had my heart on buying it before I was able to handle one. Wish it didn't feel that way, but it did to me.

Just my opinion guys, and I hope you all understand that we are not all going to agree on every gun that comes down the pike.

I will say, it is one hell of a nice looking gun, just not for me and for that I'm really sorry it wasn't my dream gun to be.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Wife bought a Kx6, and just bought a Special. I agree both are nose heavy. I ended up adding almost 6 oz to the kx. We'll see about the special. She broke 96 s, and 96caps, yesterday, right out of the box. Not changing anything yet. Nice gun though.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bought one in April and have had pretty good results so far and I really like it. I have it shooting high with the front of the rib at the lowest point and have raised the comb slowly until I have it where it fit's. After 1400 Handicap targets I' m averaging 90.57 from the 26 yard line. I have not noticed the heavy barrel but I'm a fairly big guy. It does not have any recoil hardly at all. I have always had a soft comb on all my other guns but I don't feel I need one on this gun because of low recoil. I also shoot games with big loads and have not noticed recoil issues. All the people who have shouldered the gun says that it feels good to them. I would recommend one to anybody that asked my opinion.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Had the chance to shoot one on Thursday WOW!!! heads up and smoke very nice thinking about moving 682 down the road
and having one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts