Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be ordering a KX-6 Friday. It comes with three chokes mod, IM, and full. I have really never shot trap with less then a IM. I’m was going to see if the seller would take the mod choke out and exchange it for a super full. Anyone have any expectancy with the super full. I’m not to the 27 yard line yet, but hope to be in a few years.

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Going to be ordering a KX-6 Friday. It comes with three chokes mod, IM, and full. I have really never shot trap with less then a IM. I’m was going to see if the seller would take the mod choke out and exchange it for a super full. Anyone have any expectancy with the super full. I’m not to the 27 yard line yet, but hope to be in a few years.
My Zoli unsingle is choked fixed super full (0.042)

I use it for singles. I don't feel overchoked at all.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Unless you want to shoot from the front porch at the GC ,why ? Most of my shooting I do with Krieghoff chokes is with a 2+ and maybe from 22 to 24 yard I'll go to IM ( # 3 ) . However if we do "games " like back up " (team ) from the 30 yard ? Yea a super full

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,040 Posts
I assume you’re purchasing the KX6 Special? If so, It doesn’t come with full.
Mod
LIM
IM
I thought they forgot the full choke so I called IGC and it was confirmed, no full.
In my opinion, you won’t need a full with this gun. There’s most definitely something special about the KX6S. I believe it’s in the barrel design. Can’t prove it but I believe it. Enough so that I’ve got a 18” bore gauge on the way just to see what’s going on inside the k barrel compared to other barrels.

·
Registered
316 Posts
KX 6S shooter and I shoot modified choke back to the 24 with no problem. If the gun fits you , if your mount is solid and all the other aspects of trap shooting are right you'll break targets with whatever you screw into the end of the barrel.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,040 Posts
I was wrong. It comes with a LIM, IM, and Full according to there web site.
The description on their page won't match what you get out of the case.
If you go to the pricing page, scroll down you'll see that it'll come with three titanium chokes, not the steel listed on the description page.
While they're not listed, you'll get M, LIM, and IM.
You can verify this with your dealer to be sure -but- I wouldn't buy one and get all jacked up when it doesn't come with the way over-hyped full choke.
And anyone that's put this gun on a pattern board will agree, even the modified will likely throw as tight or possibly even a tighter pattern than any other barrel/full choke combination you have in your possession.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Unless the KX-6S is already in inventory, the dealer can specify what 3 tubes are to be included with the order. When I ordered mine, I chose LIM, IM, & F.
I also purchased extra a SF to use for long range games. The LIM or IM work fine for singles, and I use F for caps. Pattern the gun with all the chokes you get
with the ammo you will use to determine what combo works best for you.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I like most of you have a number of chokes to chose from, but my go to is a .40 . I have used everything from a .25 to .40 and I don't see any difference in my average.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I like most of you have a number of chokes to chose from, but my go to is a .40 . I have used everything from a .25 to .40 and I don't see any difference in my average.
WOW !! ....That's some constriction! ....Do the pellets come out one at a time? :dangersign:

Of course, we know you mean .040" and .025 to .040" but I thought it should be clarified for someone not familiar with choke constriction. :127:

·
Registered
552 Posts
With respect to the chokes that "come" with the gun....if the dealer you are talking to won't allow you to specify the three chokes you want, you are talking to the wrong dealer. As for what chokes to get, I spent quality time with a KX-6 at the patterning board and was quite surprised at the beautiful tight pattern the barrel produced. The pattern is as tight or tighter than any of my Wilkinson barrels, and equally well distributed. Having always been a full choke guy, Krieghoff's IM choke (.030) could ALMOST convert me. The full choke (.035) smokes birds from just about anywhere. I would order it with LIM, IM and FULL. I would also go ahead and get a SF for games. As always, your mileage may vary.....

Paul

·
Registered
775 Posts
I am sure if you have a nice conversation with your dealer they will give you 3 chokes of a construction you choose. I am also more than sure they will gladly sell you any extras you might want!
Absolutely. I’m sure your dealer will let you choose whatever three Titainium chokes you like when you order.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Folks,

Here are the current Krieghoff 12 gauge choke tube markings for your Krieghoff.

Screw in choke markings are as follows-

00 = C = Cylinder = 0.00 mm (.000")

0 = S = Skeet = 0.13 mm (.005")

1 = IC = Improved Cylinder = 0.25 mm (.010")

1+ = LM = Light Modified = 0.38 mm (.015")

2 = M = Modified = 0.51 mm (.020")

2+ = LIM = Light improved Modified = 0.64 mm (.025")

3 = IM = Improved Modified = 0.76 mm (.030")

4 = F = Full = 0.89 mm (.035")

5 = SF = Super Full = 1.02 mm (.040")

Best,

Will

1 - 20 of 26 Posts