Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my son's rc glider with lights he installed himself. With the shorter days of fall we were missing the extra daylight, so he inset lights into his Alula glider. He changed the battery, did the soldering with my help and found the flights were much shorter until he inset the lights into the foam wings. Some tape over the top of each light strip and he was all set. He launches it by holding onto the end of one wing and flinging it into the air like an Olympic hammer thrower.

Alula glider with lights

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Easy to see that talent runs in the family. The glider is cool and the short film is 'together'. It just 'works', right down to the choice of music.

I don't know about anyone else but it left a smile on my face.

·
11,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Video link above is from my son's Dynamic-S flyer/glider. You use the motor to fly it up to a certain height. Then you glide around. You can see the propeller folded back in glide mode in the video. High definition camera is next. Can't wait for the weather to break.

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
That is cool Joe, you sure must be proud of your son, at least he goes out and does some neat stuff

I sure wish they would have had all this cool stuff out when I was a kid

I think I am going transmorgify (as Calvin would say) myself back to a kid this summer when the grand kids move back for good (Their parents will just be baggage LOL)

·
11,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The toys are great. Best part is you get to be a kid again. Son learns so much on internet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts