Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble with my KS-5 punching the primer deep enough to fire. It happens infrequently but it's a pain. Once. it was 5 out of 50; the next time it was 2 of 50. I brought it to a friend and he cleaned it and fired the shell I gave him, in his own gun, and it fired. He tried it with 5 shells and only four fired. The last one had a very small dimple in the primer. Has anyone any suggestions as to this problem?

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Sounds as though the problem may lie in either your choice of primers or loader adjustment at the priming station. New style AA hulls and non Win. primers on a PW machine by chance? Hap

·
Registered
60 Posts
After 75 thousand rounds I started getting an occasional light hit with new shells. I installed a new hammer spring and have had no more problems for the last ten thousand rounds. BL

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
If the primer is not set deep enough, this will also cause a failure. The first strike moves the primer forward using up the energy needed to fire the primer. Did you try to re-use the miss fired shell in your gun again?

Jason

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Try some new shells if there is a problem with the new shells then it might be the gun if there is no problem with new shells it more than likely is a reloading problem.

Bob Lawless

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.