Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who asked me about having release triggers put in K 80. What does Krieghoff charge for this, does their release work the best, do other gunsmiths use their release when someone other than Krieghoff puts in the release?

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked, Krieghoff wants $1,115.00 for double release.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Why would anyone want Kreighoff to work on Allem release triggers? It won't affect anything else concerning the warrenty. If there's anything wrong with the trigger, just drop it out & send it to John.

·
Banned
890 Posts
I have used Allem's release triggers and they were wonderful. I since bought a new gun and had the Krieghoff factory install double release triggers before I took delivery. I can't tell the difference. Krieghoffs triggers work equally as well as Allems.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I aked Allems to please e-mail me a pic of their roller release, they never did. I had Kerry Allor do the K-80 gun for me, his work was impecabble. Just mmake sure you let him know how you want it set, as he set mine up really sloooooow.

·
Vendor
253 Posts
Kreighoff in Ottsville or an authorized service center is the way to go. Doing that assures you that you are getting new, factory parts installed by someone who knows how to do it. Only people authorized by KI can buy the parts so what are the other guys using? Generally, used parts taken from older guns. Besides KI in Ottsville, I know the following are authorized: Myself, Chris Maest, Mike Young at Alamo, Allor, Dupont and maybe a couple others that I am not thinking of.

As someone who works on these all the time, I can tell you that there are some well known gunsmiths who have no idea how to properly set up a Krieghoff release - that and liability issues are why KI won't work on them.

As for the roller release, I've shot one and found that it isn't my cup of tea. They have a "mushy" feel on the set and too much forward travel on the release for me. I prefer a crisp set and release which is what you get with the positive hammer/hook engagement. I shoot a trigger with an 80oz set and 28oz release, which is slightly slower than normal. If you don't know what you prefer, slightly slower is better than too fast IMO.

·
Registered
156 Posts
a second for marlette he is a good as you can get on a k gun has a huge stock on hand (new guns) and most parts and accessory

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
why would anyone want Allems to do anything for them?
Had a very bad experience with them a few years ago on exactly the same subject!! K-80 releases.
They could care less about you as a customer!
Never again!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts