Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
I was told when I bought mine to hold a cloth over the front of the receiver when you do this. This will dampen the blow on the gun. The cloth keeps your hand from getting whacked hard.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
I don't dry fire any gun, assembled or unassembled. Krieghoff says you can, I still feel it is a bad practice. The firing pins have nothing to hit. I always use snap caps or fired shells. Have never had an issue with broken firing pins on Krieghoff, Perazzi, Browning etc. Just my opinion, Roy A. Morton

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also if i take off stock and want to clean action guts what spray should i use thats not harmful, and should i oil inards.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sean,
First step call Krieghoff they will tell what they feel is the best for your gun. Chokes are 5 is super full, 4 is full, 3 is I.M., 2 is mod, 1 is ic, ect. These guns are built like tanks. I am also in DE send me a pm if you want.
Mike Sharkey, DC

·
Registered
466 Posts
Kreighoff has their number 5 choke (super full) on closeout for $35.oo right now if anybody is interested. This is plus shipping of course. Shipping to central Ky was $10.78

Eddie Quire

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Pride Engineer has it right. I've been clearing the cocked receiver, once broken down for storage, that way for many years on a 1961 M. 32. It's what's taught by Krieghoff, repeated by Phillip of old P&P, and a gunsmith who worked for the factory in Ulm before retiring here in Orygun. If you apply too much pressure with the rag, the gun won't even uncock; too little isn't good, and you'll learn the right amount soon enough.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.