Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple questions so please advice would be appreciated. I have a Krieghoff Model 32 it is the early serial number with only 3 numbers so early. It does have the Remington parts but I have spoken and thinking about having trigger group and stuff from k32 put in. I do not want to sell the gun but would this increase the value or would it still be a misfit because of the early number. The rest of the gun is excellent shape. Does this gun have more problems than the trigger group ? I have had people tell me if it works shot it you would be fine I just do not want to have issues down the road and have a hard time getting it fixed then. Thanks for input in advance

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have owned the model 32 Remington never had any trigger problems. I own a model 32 Kreighoff and a couple of K80's no problems with any of the triggers.
You will always be able to change your triggers over if you have trouble. Personally I've always like the early Kreighoff barrel selectors better than the ones they have now.

Buster

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I thought we discussed all this over on Shotgunworld........

If it keeps bothering you, then go ahead and have it changed over. The cost will probably be as much, or more, than the gun is worth. But, if you are happy as a result, that is what matters. Then, there is the slight chance you can find a gunsmith who has on hand a used M-32 trigger group from another M-32 which has been modernized to K-80 specs and the cost might be much more affordable than having Krieghoff International perform the conversion. By the way...... if K.I. performs the work, you will have a K-80 trigger. I shoot both the M-32 and the K-80 and am pleased with both triggers. In fact, I don't even think about which trigger I'm pulling while shooting.

Very early M-32's have cast receivers - up to about 1200, I believe. I have been told they can crack. I have never had one crack and I have never seen one that was cracked. The only cracked receivers I have seen on a M-32 were on one "Phantom" (lightweight model, alloy receiver).

M.D.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you like the gun why not have a K-80 trigger installed. K.I. does the best work and are not cheap. Figure on them having the gun for about a month depending on how busy they are. You can keep your original trigger and just have them install the trigger mechanism. That way you can save some money. You should call K.I. to get a price quote.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I talked to the at Nationals a couple of years ago about the cost to change a Early Model 32 they quoted me $2800.00 I don't think they really want to do them.

You might talk to Phillip or one of the trigger Guru's and learn a lot more. If it's not broke you are worrying for nothing at the end of the day when you spend ton's of money you still have a early 32 which is a good gun, but won't be worth anywhere near what you have invested. If it worries you that much just put the money with it and trade for a K80.

Quit worrying go shoot have fun .

PS.
I'm with Rebel Sympathy I have both can't tell a difference other than the shape of the triggers.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Quadforce,

I have and shoot four Remington 32's. One has been shot something like 200,000 times with no trigger problems. In my opinion there aren't any problems with the Remington triggers. However, they do have a quirk that once you are use to it, the "problem" goes away. For the first barrel - whichever one is selected - there is a little slack before it draws up tight and will fire as soon as a little more pull is added. The second trigger, regardless of which is selected to be fired first, is always tight and will fire as soon as you put some weight on it. Over the years, I have on occasion had Larry DelGrego put in new springs as a "just in case" even though the guns shot fine. When I got my first one in about 1962, I bought six firing pins for it. I still have all of them.

Johnpe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts