Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an old K32 a couple of years ago and dropped it off at the Grand this year to go back to Ottsville for a complete rebuild, re-blue, and refinish. Just got it back yesterday and I have not shot it yet. The gun almost looks too good to shoot. They put all new springs in the receiver, re-blued two barrels, refinished the wood and tig welded the barrels where they had worn, then re-fit them to the gun. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Hardwood Room Laminate flooring Furniture Wood

Close-up of the stock (yes, I asked Krieghoff to do the red stain)

Room Table Furniture

Close-up of the forend

Shooting sport Air gun

I don't have any (before) pictures. Let's just say it was rough.

Close-up of the recheckering

Table Wood Metal Furniture Steel

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
They did a Crown Grade for me a few years ago. I could not believe it when I got it back; looked like new. There is a difference - and I believe that difference is, they "love" the guns they work on......
Mike

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
$3K!!! Wow. That is more than I would have expected for gun and two barrels. I would have guessed around $1800 without wood refinish. I'd reckon they charged a smart amount for doing the wood..... Thanks for sharing with us. Mike

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I spent $3,050 at Ottsville on a 4-barrel set. Had all the springs, etc. (annual), replaced, all four barrels put back on face, all barrel shoulders brought back up to spec, all four barrels reblued and the receiver and forend iron reblued. No wood work. The $3,050 included shipping back to me. From this comparison, I can only assume the wood work at Ottsville is "pretty sporty". Having stated that, I believe Ottsville is the only place to go for "iron" work..... Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.