Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a nice krieghoff ks5 special about two months ago, wondering about what year it was manufactured? I am not at home to check entire serial number but it is -165xx. I looked all over Internet and do not see a chart anywhere. Love the gun so far!
Thanks

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
I can get you this close - if the receiver has flat sides, it was made prior to 1994 as that is when the current scalloped sides began. As Joe said, calling Krieghoff International in Ottsville will get you the detailed info.

Ed

·
Registered
454 Posts
Try this....

GERMAN MODERN DATE
CODES
Determining the year of manufacture for modern
German arms is much simpler. The two letter code is
found as part of or near the proof marks and can be
interpreted using the following chart.

A B C D E F G H I K

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Examples

Code Date

KK 99 or 1999

IF 85 or 1985

I found the letters "KD" on the bottom lug where the barrel hinges, making it a 93 model, serial #164**

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Mine is KW. Hmmmmm. Would this mean 2000 something. Like 2001.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I also have a KW on the left side of the barrel, just below the rib, that is not the date code. The "KD" is on the bottom lug below the hinge point of the barrel.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
My KW, along with 18.6 mm and an emblem, or something is in front of the lug, on the bottom of the barrel, before the forearm lug. The lug below the hinge point has a crown emblem, what looks like the number 197, and another emblem on it. The other section below the ejector, has the serial number and 12/70 on it. Between these two sections it has Made in W.Germany. Still do not see any other lettering, any where on the barrel.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I made original posting, took advise and called Ottsville today 16xxxx serial number made in 1993 - a little surprised it is that old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.