Trapshooters Forum banner

Krieghoff K80 30" Carrier Barrels w/Briley Ultralite Fitted Subgauge Tubes

1537 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  mpolans
This is a set of 30" long Krieghoff K80 step rib barrels that have been converted by Briley to be carrier barrels for their Ultralite fitted subgauge tubes. Includes 20ga, 28ga, and .410 tubes. The subgauge tubes have removable chokes. Each gauge set comes with a total of 4 chokes (2x Skeet, 2x Light Skeet) for a total of 12 chokes (spare chokes and choke wrenches not pictured). Barrel has an aluminum add-a-rib on it; easily removed if you don't like it. This is a perfect set for someone who wants to shoot skeet with subgauge tubes, but is worried about the tubes adding too much weight out front. Please note that as this is a carrier barrel conversion, Briley removed enough metal to offset the weight of the subgauge tubes that you can no longer shoot 12ga through them. $2800, shipped anywhere in the U.S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you know if the POI is the same as the normal K-80 Sporting rib?
Not sure.
Do you know if the POI is the same as the normal K-80 Sporting rib?
Not sure. I never actually got a chance to shoot it as I decided to build my receiver into a sporting gun instead of skeet. Since it was used for skeet, I’d assume it shoots pretty flat.

· Registered
2,397 Posts
How difficult is it to remove the add on rib without cosmetic damage to existing rib? Are the tubes ultimate ultralites (long forcing cones and straight rifling) which is normally done when fitted to a carrier barrel? Thanks.

· Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How difficult is it to remove the add on rib without cosmetic damage to existing rib? Are the tubes ultimate ultralites (long forcing cones and straight rifling) which is normally done when fitted to a carrier barrel? Thanks.
Probably not too difficult. You could probably take some fishing line and run it along the barrel underneath the tape, then use some goo-gone or similar to remove any residue. It might even just pull off. I'll leave it on for now in case a buyer prefers it prefers it. The tubes are Ultralites and not Ultimate Ultralites (no long forcing cones or straight rifling).

· Registered
683 Posts
Probably not too difficult. You could probably take some fishing line and run it along the barrel underneath the tape, then use some goo-gone or similar to remove any residue. It might even just pull off. I'll leave it on for now in case a buyer prefers it prefers it. The tubes are Ultralites and not Ultimate Ultralites (no long forcing cones or straight rifling).
If it's a Keen's rib and installed by them they use black silicone and it's a PITA to get the adhesive residue off. If I remember correctly they told me to use brake cleaner.

· Registered
373 Posts
For those who have asked about the dimensions of the rib, it's 3/8" and 5/16" wide and appears to be held on by double-sided tape.
For those who have asked about the dimensions of the rib, it's 3/8" and 5/16" wide and appears to be held on by double-sided tape.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts