Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is a beautiful Krieghoff K-20. It is for a sporting clays shooter and I am going to deliver this one when I head north this weekend. The wood is English Walnut from Old Tree Gunstocks. I hope the owner likes his finished project. Thank you for looking and Merry Christmas to everyone. Enjoy

Dennis, Cindy and The Crew

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=Myles_K20_stock.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=Myles_K20_forend.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=Myles_K20_whole_gun.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
UGLY?? I sure wish it was in my closet. I would assume it was exactly what the customer wanted after his custom fitting. You and your people do very pretty work Dennis. Merry Christmas and a Healthy prosperous New Year for you and your crew. Bob

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bob, I really don't see how the exagerated grip has anything to do with custom fitting the gun to any shooter. Personal choice perhaps? That I can understand, but custom fitting? Definetly not. It makes the gun look bloated IMO.

The wood and the craftsmanship both, are otherwise outstanding.

Samer

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
"Personal choice perhaps? That I can understand, but custom fitting? Definetly not. It makes the gun look bloated IMO."

Maybe if it was bought to stand in the display case would how it looks make a difference. IMO how it shoots is a little more important than looks when you come right down to it. If the owner is like myself small frame short guns 20, 28, and 410 just don't feel right in the hand. Usually from the lack of meat in the hand. A larger grip seems to take care of the problem for me.

Dennis beautiful work you gun work never ceases to amaze me.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
94 Posts
I may find your wives ugly, but I certainly wouldn't say that to your face. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What works, works. Maybe you should follow the old proverb that says "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". Nice work Dennis. I would be proud to wear that stock!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good and bad comments are welcome as it gives me feedback. But the grip was made to fit that shooters hand and no one elses. If the grip was made like that of a conventional style it would not be made to fit the shooter. Custom fitting is all about the custom fit and that is all that matters to us here. Again, thank you for all your imput and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Dennis Devault

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Dennis you are a master. What makes you better than many I've seen is that you're not stuck by some stodgy old tradition. You work hard to get the gun to fit the individual.

Thanks for posting these and keep them coming. I really enjoy your work.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
I love Dennis' work...and that is a sweet lookin' 20....and that pistol grip style will make for a very comfortable, very controlable gun IMHO

·
Registered
Krieghoff K-80 standard trap (32"/34" unsingle) & Beretta ASE-90 (29 1/2" tubed set)
791 Posts
Dennis, I find the grip to be very nice, in fact I have "added" pistol-grip extensions to all of my competition guns to make them all look pretty much like this. I like the more "defined" pistol grip, and I always thought Perazzi guns had something more along the lines like this then the Krieghoff's. JMHO Mike* (MH*)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.