Trapshooters Forum banner

Krieghoff 32 barrel selector

1382 11
Hello, I'm having a problem with my San Remo firing the bottom barrel regardless of where the barrel selector is set.
I sent it to KI for an annual maintenance a couple years ago. They also rebuilt the single barrel and the double barrel. The single worked fine for a couple years. I tried the double for sporting clays. It seemed fine although I did not change the barrel selector. After switching back to the single, I shot 60 targets without problems. Then it started trying to fire the bottom barrel. Changing the selector doesn't seem to do anything. Even when I installed the double barrel, the selector has no effect. It just fires the bottom barrel first. Any suggestions?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My son was just asked to be on a college trap team and I need this gun sooner than I can get a gunsmith to look at it. Is this something that can be addressed without a gunsmith? I have the tools and work on a lot of guns. Just never had a Krieghoff apart. Thanks

· Registered
1,784 Posts
possible the wire spring might have broke or is really weak
My son was just asked to be on a college trap team and I need this gun sooner than I can get a gunsmith to look at it. Is this something that can be addressed without a gunsmith? I have the tools and work on a lot of guns. Just never had a Krieghoff apart. Thanks
If the straight wire spring (765) is broken, it's an easy fix.
It's just a piece of piano wire on the K80, should be the same on the Model 32.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The straight wire spring looks fine. I have been unable to find an operator's manual for this gun. Can someone tell me which way the the trigger selector should set to fire the top barrel first?

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks like the barrel selector should move the ball stud (#763 in the exploded diagram) from one sear to the other to select the barrel. Mine does not. However, if I push up gently on the trigger selector to take the pressure off the ball stud, I can tilt the gun to the left and the ball stud falls to the top barrel sear.

This is less than 500 rounds after getting a full rebuild (>$3000) at Krieghoff.:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.