Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to purchase a Kreighoff KX5 for $3400.00. It has a hard case and 3 chokes. An adjustable comb and stock. The gun is in good shape. Is $3400.00 a reasonable price ?

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Do it!! Great gun, I had 2 of them in my short history of shooting trap. It was one of my favorite guns to this point. $3400 is a very good price, bottom line is, if it doesn't work out ... you can easily get your money back, that's the key for me.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'll throw my 2 cents in here. I shoot a KX5 with a RAD and I have shot a kx-6 special,ljutic and many others others and I'm sticking with the kx5. Everything is adjustable and simple. The cocking with your thumb either is an issue or it is not. I don't even notice it as don't the two others that shoot one at our club. There 80 and 89 years young, Me 66. Don't judge the lever until you have shot it enough to determine for yourself whether it is an issue for you. If clean and well taken care of yes that sounds like a fair price, Good Luck

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Yes , it is , if you buying a KRIEGHOFF ! . Actually you are paying about 3 k ,but is always the case that makes it high $$ . :) :) .Kidding aside ,play with it ,if you don't like it you will get your money back . I had 2 over the years and still do not remember why I sold either one. I did a long "test drive "with a K 6 & K6 special , imho the KX5 moves ( swings ) better for me .

·
Registered
971 Posts
So I bought one recently for 2,500. It was in decent condition so I bought it. I have since had to have an annual service and new barrel lug which cost me another $420. Now I also bought two other stocks for 675 and am having the barrel reblued for another 200. I am hoping I can sell a couple of the stocks to cover some of the rebuild costs. Because right now I have about 3,800 into it but it wilol be like new.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts