Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kreighoff has stopped or suspended manufacturing of the KX-5 as they have not been selling. They said they have a years supply in inventory and are reducing the price if dealers buy 5 or more guns. They have not decided on what will replace the KX-5 I suggested to them to put a K-80 style PRO rib on it and make a higher stock, to compete with the Kolar Single Bbl high shooter. And it needs to be ata lower price.

This info is for shooters interested in buying a new or used KX-5

Price is going to go way down on these guns, Look for Kreighoff to un-load them at special sale prices this spring and summer at big shoots.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Phil, call Krieghoff International, its true. They have lowered price on KX-5's to dealers until the remaining inventory until they are gone.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
"'Tis a shame, a fine gun; why not selling?"

My guess would be the cocking of the gun. I have some arthritis in my thumb and after a day of shooting,,,,thumb would "talk" to me.

Second option would be that many are now wanting combos and the inability to put double barrel on the KX5 made some look towards a Browing or Beretta. Just a thought as they are sure quality guns.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Yup. They only made two as I can recall. We called them "Winged Warriors". They may be someplace in Germany now. I'll betcha Gene didn't know that one!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jaquas has new KX5's at a great price, $4295.00. 14 in stock last count, 13 now ones coming to me. Had one and sold it. Replaced it now for less than I sold a used one at. Not sure how far down in price these will go since they are not making any more for now.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
plake is right, I just got home from Jaquas and they have a rack of them in front of the sales desk for $4295.00 each. They had about 4 with 32" bbls and 10 or so with 34" bbls. They were selling them at one point for $5,100. My Dad bought one two years ago and loves it.
Doug

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Krieghoff did the same thing when they discontinued the KS-5 - ceased production due to a year's supply being in dealers' inventories and then brought out the KX-5.

Ed

·
Registered
557 Posts
trapshooterjoe7 is right. They need a higher rib and comb so you can get a figure eight if you like when shooting a high point of impact. They would sell like hot cakes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.