Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to visit the KOLAR plant yesterday and all I can say is what a wonderful experience. I was able to tour the entire plant, meet several of the employees and see their whole operation and was thoroughly impressed. The attention to detail was impressive. I talked with the owner Jeff and Tom (plant supervisor)and they both are a class act. Didn’t take long to actually feel very comfortable. These folks are truly appreciative of our business.
I brought along a friends stock that was having issues. When the “repair” gunsmith took it apart they pointed out that someone had used epoxy around the comb post and had essentially stuck it so it wouldn’t move. While I was taking care of business they worked on it and was able to fix it the right way and I was able to bring it back with me. NO Charge!
I actually told them they could just send it when completed so we wouldn’t be jumping any repair on someone else’s shotgun and they pointed to the EMPTY incoming repair rack and it was empty.......so no problem!
BEST PART.....Made IN USA!!!!!!!

· Registered
2,393 Posts
I did the same thing a few years back. After getting a real nice tour of the entire place as well as some hats and towel the person running the show, John Ramagli, or "Rags" as he went by saw me out near the desk and called me into his office and gave me a couple more trinkets and walked me around to show me a few more things. Great people and great guns.

6,495 Posts
When Naperville went to steel, I asked if I could bring in my 90T for an evaluation after having shot a few 1000 rounds through it's full choke... they were actually very interested in the findings... they also offered look at my BT Pigeon which had a fixed full choke as well...

Other than wad fouling... no damage... they polished both bores... and sent me on my way... great outfit that stands behind everything they've built...

· Registered
1,287 Posts
I bought my Kolar off a buddy a couple years ago just before the Grand. I walked into the Kolar booth and Jeff was in there. I mentioned how much I was liking my new-to-me purchase, but that I now needed to replace my old Beretta hat with something more appropriate, since I no longer owned a Beretta. He grabbed a hat off the shelf behind him, handed it to me, and threw the Beretta hat in the trash. He didn't have to do that. He hadn't made any money from me (yet). But he knew it was the right thing to do and would build some good brand loyalty with me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.