Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a 34" Kolar un-single barrel (un-altered) worth in excellent condition, with factory screw in chokes?

Serial #258

I want to sell it for a friend who has it and is currently out of the sport. I would be surprised if it had a case through it.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I paid $3,000 for a Comp TA barrel, which is what I'm assuming you're asking about. What are the numbers on the chokes? There will be 2#'s, one for bore & one for constriction. And is it Blue or matte black?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Why not just get in contact with Kolar and see what a new barrel cost's and adjust form there.If in the shape you say it's in should be about 75% the cost of new.Gives you a starting point?

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
If anyone is looking for a Kolar un-single barrel, that would be a good deal.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Based on your serial number it was made in the first year of production. It will be a .740 bore barrel. A picture would help greatly showing the rib height. How many choke tubes are included? This will help determine the value. It will likely require fitting to mate properly to the receiver. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Looks like a flat rib (not a step rib), so it would probably work well with an older skeet / sporting gun with a flat rib, so the comb would match up. Make a nice combo gun for somebody that wants to shoot some single barrel trap events. Yes, it is a .740 bore barrel. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
13,588 Posts
Non-MAX kolar barrels and non-750 bore barrels just aren't selling.

I know where there's a top single for $1500 that has zero interest, and another at $1800 thats the same situation.

The biggest problem is that the vast majority of Kolar trap guns are/were sold as combos. So the people wanting a single barrel already have one. So your market is someone who has a kolar trap with just o/u barrels (unlikely) or a skeet or sporting shooter (who usually aren't willing to drop a couple grand into a barrel they will only occasionally use).

I'm the latter. I have a kolar o/u skeet gun, and have thought about buying a top single or unsingle for it for trap, but can't justify it for the half dozen rounds of trap I shoot every year. The 1187 I just bought will work perfectly find for that, as will the o/u barrels of my Kolar (which i've been using for years now).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts