Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems Kolar has sold too many shotguns. Called to make an appointment to have some minor adjustments or ejector replacement.
Was told to try calling after Thanksgiving for a slot sometime in December. Yikes.
Deer season is on the way.
Maybe they need more staff? I still have great respect for the usual service and fast turnaround. Hope this isn't the new normal.

Dave

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
You chose a bad time of year for service, probably the worst possible. Right before and right after the season everyone wants something done.

Everyone else is done with their seasons and sending guns in too. It will be especially bad now since NSSA World and NSCA Nationals just got done.

·
Administrator
8,286 Posts
I sent my Kolar Trap Combo to Kolar and excluding shipping they turned it around in a week no problem. I had trigger work along with a annual and a couple of extras done.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
I would think that it may be longer with other manufactures right now also. Kolar service is IMO, second to none of both time and quality.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Were you wanting to BRING your gun to them and have them work on it while you waited (which it sounds like you were since you referenced an appointment)? I'm sure that would also greatly complicate matters.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Some on here will say "You should have bought a Spolar"!

Oh wait, you're talking shoguns..........

My bad!

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Did you really expect quick service with no appointment so close to the end to trapshooting season? You would get the same answer at CG or any other major brand repair service.

·
Registered
351 Posts
We do our best to provide quick service and turn around but sometimes it is just impossible to do, and I am sure that the case is the same with Kolar. If I were you, I would be writing a note of appreciation about Kolar being honest and up front about their current estimated repair time. We hear stories on almost a daily basis about other companies that not only take forever to make repairs, or make bad repairs or who don't communicate with customers. That is not the case here is it?

Dicksie Spolar

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No real complaint here. Kolar has given me great service for 10 years. Probably more.
And yes, I usually make an appointment and get simple things done during a short wait. The quality of service is second to none.
Being told to call back in a month to make z time slot an additional month away is a new thing to me. Why not book me 2 months out and be done, no phone tag required.
I still love my Kolar and the whole crew up there.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
They are Currently Rebuilding Trigger for Me...One of the First Series of Triggers...Will be Full Update to Their Latest and Greatest... Am Sure it will be Done in Fashion to Meet The Quality of Their Guns...Will Give Full Report when Finished.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Do you know the serial number range for trigger updates?
They are continually improving the product. When they come across an issue, they try and fix it and incorporate it into all triggers going forward. Some years ago (perhaps 7), I was in Keith's office and he commented that it had been one year since they made a change to prevent a fan firing issue. At that time, Keith indicated that there had been six or so "updates". I believe that, if a trigger comes in for an overhaul, Kolar will install the current updated parts, but as the old adage goes ... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
My Gun is from the First 1K...Serial Number with 3 numbers...When I sent it in..it was Misbehaving...Best too Upgrade at this Time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm sure that Kolar is short staff right now. They probably are trying to schedule according to the staff they have. It is deer season in Wisconsin right now and if you know anything about deer season in Wisconsin you know that everything else stops until tags are filled.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Well...Recieved Call..Trigger Updates are Finished..Will Ship Tomorrow... Very Pleased with Turn Around Time...Will Advise on Trigger Performance..Very Soon. Bart

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Seems Kolar has sold too many shotguns. Called to make an appointment to have some minor adjustments or ejector replacement.
Was told to try calling after Thanksgiving for a slot sometime in December. Yikes.
Deer season is on the way.
Maybe they need more staff? I still have great respect for the usual service and fast turnaround. Hope this isn't the new normal.

Dave
Wisconsin is always temporarily closed every year from the Saturday before Thanksgiving until the Sunday after. We called it the 9 day war when I was a kid because it's rifle Deer season. Most of northern Wisconsin closes school because no one would be there anyway.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Very Happy with Service...Trigger Update too...Stage II with A2 Hammers/Sears Interlock. All Set to 3.5lbs and 3.5lbs. Just as I had Asked For..Sent on 11/2/16 and Recieved on 11/21/16. 4 Star Service.... if I was Asked.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just received my O/U back from Kolar for it's first annual service. End to end time was about two weeks, and the gun came back packed better than I sent it out. Think that's about as good as it gets.

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
I drove my main 90T up to Kolar on the first Wed of November to be completely mechanically rebuilt . Bbl re blued and receiver and forearm hardware nickel ed . Got it back on December 8th . Gun looks like new . Not cheap , but I`m happy .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts