Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
8,665 Posts
I have owned two Perazzi MX-2005s and liked them both. The first one had all fixed chokes and the second had fixed chokes on the O/U and screw in on the un-single.

I have also spent time with the Kolar and have a two Kolar trap models also. In basics the Perazzi is a fast pointer in the respect to swing and balance. The kolars to me felt alittle heavier and sluggish.

Doing a lot of pattern testing I found that both 2005s I had both patterned to the same POI on all barrels-adjustment on the dual tilting rib was easy.

If you are looking for a tall rib trap gun the 2005 will definitely get you there along with the Kolar. If I was choosing right now I would still take the Perazzi. For my tastes it just felt more balanced smooth on the swing.

Keep in mind if you are one of those shooters who tends to cant the gun a lot you can experience issues with a very tall rib trap gun.

If you are not so much concerned about doubles then also take a look at a Ljutic One Touch :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks George MT, shooting a one touch now and really like it, trying to add one more gun to shoot all the events
thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Kolar’s service is local to the US and are prettier in my opinion. I always valued being able to call them up and talk to head engineers and gunsmiths if I had a question.

But I would agree that the P gun is better balanced. Kolars can be really heavy. Shoot them and see what works.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the email Go Bucks and thank you everyone for the feedback, just wondering as i get older if the Perazzi is the better way to go??

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Cant remember ever having trigger issues with my Kolar!!!
Why is it some make a comment that they never had a issue with a trigger like Perazzi. I think a Kolar is one of the finest guns made, but all guns have issues over time. Trust me all triggers with coil springs change over time, some owners just do not know it! Some fine Kolar shooters replace their triggers with a Precision leaf spring trigger.

Now to the questions asked, I have owned both. Kolar TA, Perazzi 2005, both awesome guns, ribs on both just too high for me. When I shot old style Kolar TC, loved unsingle (not o/u) shot it well, was heavy. Shooting MX2000RS combo now, this setup is great, o/u swings great. I cannot shoot a super high rib. Make sure you test drive all. Good luck with your new purchase.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have owned Perazzi's and K-80's before and if you keep up on service i think your fine, that being said I've shot a Ljutic for the last twenty year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts