Trapshooters Forum banner

Kolar Information

2629 Views 19 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Waclayshooter
I have been looking at Kolar and keep seeing #2 stock, #4 stock, but I am not sure what that refers to. Is it the grade of wood or shape of the stock? Also, is there a page that shows pictures of the different models, such as premier, premier extra, regal, etc.? I have been all over the website and can't find this.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
Yes, they do have additional information on the website per handlepuller's comment. Best thing to do is find an event that Elite Shotguns is at or go to one of their retail stores or find some used Kolars that you can mount. There's a pretty big difference in the drop at the heel between the #2 and #4 stocks. I'm a pretty short and stout guy and I found that the number 4 would have fit me fine but I've got a #2 and I think you find #2's more often in the wild.

Good Luck!

· Registered
2,394 Posts
The stock number references various factory stocks with different dimensions as listed on the Kolar site to help with sourcing a stock that best fits you. Custom stocks and factory fitting are also a service Kolar provides. The engraving pattern names have changed recently as the higher grade guns were previously engraved by a Master in Wisconsin. An example would be a Select Grade (done in WI) which is considered a higher grade gun than the corresponding current model as all higher grade Kolar engraving is done by contract in Italy.

· Registered
4,492 Posts
When I bought mine in 2011, I didn't even know they had different stock configurations. I bought a gun with a #2, while I really needed a #4.

With adjustable comb and butt pad, I was able to adapt.....still wish I had a #4.
Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Pattern

· Registered
509 Posts
Not sure which stock is on my son's Kolar. He was shooting it the other day and was looking at it in the gun rack. He thought he done messed it up because the stock was "twisted" counterclockwise 😂. He has never realized it was canted. He has only shot straight stocks up until the Kolar.

· Registered
175 Posts
Call Robert Paxton at Paxton arms. He is very formative and will answer all your questions. He will also send you a demo gun to shoot for the price of shipping with is like $60. When you’re done you’ll be sold on your new Kolar. He’s also the 3rd largest Krieghoff dealer in the U.S. he demos those guns too. I haven’t found another dealer that works with you as good as Robert Paxton does

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.