Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Kolar TA-MAX, promised in 10 weeks, arrived in 10 weeks and two days.
What a great experience being able to go right to the factory, picked out my own wood, had it fitted to my over sized left handed old body by an expert like Jeff Mainland.
They even made the forearm about 1 1/2" longer than normal because of my long reach.
Great company, great product, wonderful people, ya just can't go wrong with that combination.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had the same experience about a year ago. Probably the coolest thing I've ever done!
Here is mine, let's see a picture of yours!
image.jpg

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I no longer even LOOK at "guns for sale!" I am that happy (after a year) with my Kolar. I too took a tour of the "factory" and those folks are so nice, and CARE, that we are happy with their guns!
After seeing how they are made, I was even more impressed with the quality of a KOLAR!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They do give you choice of some beautiful wood, here's mine along with a little engraving I had them do.

·
Administrator
8,662 Posts
Glad you had a great experience with Kolar :) I owned a Kolar Trap combo several years ago and really enjoyed it,I sold it to a shooting buddy who is still putting rounds down the pipe with it and of course will not sell it back!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Best customer service on this planet.

There's nothing else to trade up to......

Kolar shooter since 2004.

·
5,388 Posts
Kolar supports the 90T... terrific !

Jay

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had a similar experience at Kolar. Jeff gave me the grand tour introducing me to several of the employees that would be building my gun. What I thought was really great was this. Their selection of stock blanks was extremely low so choices of nice wood was not good. So after about 20min of looking at low end blanks Jeff said OK I apologize for the poor selection, so less look at the wood we do have. I explained that there wasn't anyway that I could afford the upgraded lumber. At this point he stated that it was their fault that they didn't have a better selection. So I was able to upgrade to a nice piece of wood at no extra cost. After that we worked on the gun fit. Guys I was flat wore out after that. I don't believe that I've ever picked-up an shoulder a gun that many times in a day. The customer relationship did not stop after we finished that day. I received weekly email up-dates detailing to progress of my new gun. They even humored my request to take the near finished gun outside and hold it up to the sky so the skeet gods could bless it.
I've shot this gun since 2003. I can't imaged how many truck loads of shot I've sent down range. Has it broke down? Sure but again the customer service has been outstanding. The gorgeous wood has been replaced with a PFS stock after I suffered with health issues that made me change so I could continue to shoot. Would I do it again? You bet I would, but wife says I need to wear this one out first.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts