Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to remove the ejector on my max t/a trap? Hopefully with pics? I haven't been able to find much info online. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Holding just the barrels compress one ejector firmly against the edge of a solid workbench, then use a powerful magnet to lift away the circular lock piece. Then slowly pull the barrels away from the workbench and one ejector and spring will be removable.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Magnet doesn't always work, depends on how tight the fit is, you sometimes have to get a small pick or punch in the center of the hole and wiggle the keeper out.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Either that guy has the world's strongest thumbs, or Perazzi spring force is a fraction of what the Kolar is!! I've never taken the ejectors out of my Perazzi, but I know there's no way I could just push in like that on my Kolar!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I believe they have a small, terrible picture in the owners manual.

You need a small tool to grab the button/retainer.
Insert a small (1/32" 1/64") drill bit, shaft end, into the hole and then apply a twist while compressing the ejector.
Make sure the ejector is fully compressed.
To reinstall, it's the reverse. Compress and let the retainer drop in, using drill bit shaft to maneuver the retainer.

IMG_20161122_052726.jpg IMG_20161122_052748.jpg

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
bsd's method always works, but i've always used one of those little telescopeing shop magnets. While you're at it, you might want to disconect the ejector(s) altogether and convert to extractor only, by taking off the stock & removing the "L" shaped actuator rods.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I believe they have a small, terrible picture in the owners manual.

You need a small tool to grab the button/retainer.
Insert a small (1/32" 1/64") drill bit, shaft end, into the hole and then apply a twist while compressing the ejector.
Make sure the ejector is fully compressed.
To reinstall, it's the reverse. Compress and let the retainer drop in, using drill bit shaft to maneuver the retainer.

View attachment 648073 View attachment 648081
I always use a toothpick with the point broken off. works every time.
jack mc

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Are you wanting to clean the ejectors and replace cleaned and lubed that where you push down on the bench and pick out button all parts have to be put back as was.If you want to stop from throwing hulls skyward remove the trigger ass. first then the stock and will see a rod on the left and right they will turn up and pull out with a spring on them be sure to mark them left and right so if you change your mind there is no doubt which side they go on.Since your this far apart it is a good time to do a thorough cleaning and as they say in the manuel don't over tighten the stock screw you should look and see where it is before you loosen it.Just be careful it is easy and a very good design so far.Gene

1 - 11 of 11 Posts