Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kudos to King Richard for saying publicly what a lot of NASCAR Racers think...that the only way Danica Patrick will win a race is if no one else shows up. She should go back to cart racing perhaps. maybe GoDaddy will sponsor her?Bingo!

blade819

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Uhh Philk don't know which way you swing but she could race my engine anytime.
yakimaman_2011_280416.jpg

Reactions: o-hale

·
Registered
12,464 Posts
It takes more then just a "nut behind the wheel" to win any race.

And you have to remember, big boys don't like little girls in their sand box!!

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
She's hot enough for me. Your right, Junior doesn't have it. But, they have changed up the points deal this season, so we'll have to see how that works out. Daytona-Feb. 23.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least Jr. finishes better. :eek:) IMO he was "legacy forced" into racing just like Kyle Petty although both maybe not really wanting to. I think he would be happier as a multi car owner?

blade819

·
Registered
67 Posts
blade819;
Its kart not cart.
Also, there was more to what king Richard said....
Not just that the other racers should stay home, as that would be the only way she would ever win.
There was more to the interview.
Sounds like the media telling us only what they want us to hear...

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Yakimaman, I can not believe I am doing this, but, I agree with you.

There is a lot more to the Petty Story than this tid bit. go to jayski.com for the whole story.

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
She ran better than some of the others last year, I think there are several other drivers that could not win unless no one else showed up too.

Daica didn't do well but also didn't do bad for her first full year .

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go KART racing is where she began. Maybe she should return? I heard the interview and understood exactly what Petty meant about her chances of winning. I also understood what he said about her being "good" for the sport. Two different topics.

blade819

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I doubt she will ever win in NASCAR, only chance I see it happening would be on a restrictor plate track,I hope she does win but really don't see it happening....

As far as Jr., he has won 19 races in the cup series and 23 wins in the Nationwide series,so I wouldn't put him in the same category as Patrick........

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Someone is throwing a pretty big bankroll at Princess Sparkle Pony in the hopes she'll be a winner.

So far it's been a big waste of money.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
It's all marketing and sponsor dollars, who wouldn't grab onto her and get as much money out of sponsors as they can, she will eventually ride off into the sunset, but with a pocket full of money, hard to argue that....

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes she came from CART. However she began in go karts. That's where she should return with GoDaddy? :eek:) Jr. is in the same category as Kyle Petty but has won more races. Danica is in a category of her own. :eek:)

blade819

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I never had much to say about a pretty woman, who THOUGHT they were pretty!

And, I never did think much of Kyle Petty, or Richard in the last 20 years, for that matter.

Terrible loss when the Son was killed, and that is about the time Kyle lost faith in himself. But, what father wouldn't to some degree.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
NASCAR has become SO boring I hardly pay attention, anymore....and I used to watch most of the races flag to flag....but the France's and their flunkies have dumbed it down to the point of it being unwatchable. I get the safety improvements. Unfortunate that Dale Sr.'s death seemed a necessary step in the process. The COT is a deal killer for me and many others. Given the mega $$'s it costs to develop at new platform and to run a team, you'da thought they could have come up with a car design that didn't look like a '54 Plymouth from the A-pillar back...just sayin'....

Ron Burr

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think that Kyle deserves a lot of credit for quitting the way and when he did. IMO his heart was never into following the family tradition and it became worse when his Son was killed. Very painful.

blade819

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
Kyle sued his dad.......and quit not by choice. I live close by. Was by the shop today matter of fact.

Danica has won two poles. Both at Daytona. Both with a restrictor plate no one ever saw but NASCAR. Both also sponsored by Go Daddy.

To many friends and family directly in the sport, She was handed the poll for PR.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.