1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The EPA Caves on Coal?

EPA to Withdraw Coal Killing Clean Air Act Requirements

WUWT reader Greg Staff writes:

It looks like the EPA is seeing the writing on the wall. The scuttlebut here is Houston is that this is a “face saving” maneuver, to avoid having to submit to the next administration.

“The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said it plans to voluntarily withdraw a requirement that seven Texas coal-fired power plants reduce pollution, according to a filing with a federal appeals court.

The so-called regional haze rule is part of the Clean Air Act and was proposed two years ago with the goal of cleaning up the air in national parks. The act requires states to craft a plan to address air pollution, or else be forced to implement a plan compiled by the EPA. Texas declined to create a plan, and along with power plant owners took its objections to the EPA’s plan to court.”

·
Registered
29,248 Posts
Midalake, are you aware coal can be made into gasoline?

That coal is used to make coke which is used to make steel?

Of course it is also used to generate electricity so the green crowd can charge up their Teslas.

·
Premium Member
10,601 Posts
Coal is alive. See how easy that is?

Reactions: WadHopper

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
What rock are you living under?
Coal is the largest source of energy for the generation of electricity worldwide. How can you be the largest source of electrical energy and be dead?
So wrong about so much lately.......and going down by the day [coal that is]

What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source?
In 2015, the United States generated about 4 trillion kilowatthours of electricity.1 About 67% of the electricity generated was from fossil fuels (coal, natural gas, and petroleum).

Major energy sources and percent share of total U.S. electricity generation in 2015:1

• Coal = 33%
  • Natural gas = 33%
  • Nuclear = 20%
  • Hydropower = 6%
  • Other renewables = 7%
    • Biomass = 1.6%
    • Geothermal = 0.4%
    • Solar = 0.6%
    • Wind = 4.7%
  • Petroleum = 1%
  • Other gases = <1%

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
You need to learn to read what people say instead of what you think you read.
I said worldwide not in the US.

But even in your post only about US electricity generation it's still tied for 1st.
Your wrong on what I actually said and also on his post back to me.

So do you still agree with you comment "Coal is dead" even in the US?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Play with words all you want. You said it and it's not even true in the US since it's tied for the most used fuel.

·
Premium Member
10,601 Posts
In the event that the price of natural gas should increase, then many of the power plants now using gas could/would switch back to coal.

Reactions: midalake

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Oh it is dead in North America............GS
Yep, so DEAD it's still the leading source of electricity generation in the US.

You ability to TRY and flip the meaning of things when things are so clearly the opposite is almost embarrassing to read.

·
Banned
4,288 Posts

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Just to spite hussein ostupid, obozo, onumbnuts, kenyan, ms slick willie, I'd like to see PRESIDENT TRUMP repeal every coal EPA ruling and stick it up the liberals sorry rear end....
Liberal dunces, stooges, clowns, are really in for a rude awakening. And TRUMP is just the MAN to do it...

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
Muddy lake. How is it you can be so wrong on everything that you think you're the only one that is right? I've never seen one post from you that you aren't a dick.
I like you to............No one forces you to read what I write. If the truth equates me to being a "dick".....well dick away it is. Since your last 5 posts to me are nothing but personal attacks I will just assume that the truth I write hurts. This is a discussion site, save your personal attacks for the wife and if you actually have another version of correct POST IT. ............GS

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
I like you to............No one forces you to read what I write. If the truth equates me to being a "dick".....well dick away it is............GS
You don't know anything about truth. And no one forces you to be a dick. It's just the way you people are. hussein ostupid, ms slick willie, Pelosi, Schumer and all...

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
Just to spite hussein ostupid, obozo, onumbnuts, kenyan, ms slick willie, I'd like to see PRESIDENT TRUMP repeal every coal EPA ruling and stick it up the liberals sorry rear end....
Liberal dunces, stooges, clowns, are really in for a rude awakening. And TRUMP is just the MAN to do it...
You don't know anything about truth. And no one forces you to be a dick. It's just the way you people are. hussein ostupid, ms slick willie, Pelosi, Schumer and all...
ZZZZZZZZZZZ what a bitter person you are. GS

1 - 20 of 102 Posts