Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use these things? Do they work on pistol cartridges? I'm fixing to disassemble some coon loads and would like to give one a try.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have two of them, a Dillon and an old one. I find that they work better when I whack them on my anvil. Perhaps it's the angle of the blow(as opposed to the floor). Some cartridges take a couple of whacks.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Some serious advice - wear safety glasses.

While not common, it's certainly not rare to detonate a round with kinetic bullet pullers.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I've got two kinetic bullet pullers. Some rounds take a LOT of whacks on a concrete block or concrete floor to pull the bullet. Forget it on rifle bullets, for the most part.

I bit the bullet (pun intended) and bought an RCBS collet puller and a bunch of collets for everything I reload. Spent some $$, but boy, was it worth it! Worked slick, half the time and easy recovery of the components.

Collets are the way to go.

cap

·
Registered
691 Posts
They work great but you need a very solid surface to hit them on. I use my table saw table as it is cast iron and it usually only takes 2 wacks.

·
Registered
525 Posts
if your rounds have been seating around for awhile or are pulling military rounds, it help to seat the bullet down (just to break the seal-seat) you only need to move it a fraction 1/32 to 1/16"...Grubby ps if your puller has a hole in the side to dump, you might want to put a masking tape over the hole, it keeps the powder from flying around.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Brian- I would like to hear,read from you stating that you were personally told of a round going off from a kinetic bullet puller.
I believe you made it up like many other comments you have.
And YES, I have used that same brand, kind using both pistol and rifle ammo banging on wood,cement floor, steel without ever a primer going off in hundreds and hundreds of rounds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.