Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a Kindle as the prices have gone down. Question: Is the Kindle DX worth the additional money vs. the standard size Kindle? Fred

·
Premium Member
11,997 Posts
Fred,

You should also look at the unit from Sony, and the new unit coming out called the Nook.

These are both more malleable than the Kindle...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Barnes and Noble makes the Nook. I bought my husband the top of the line Sony for Christmas last year...too much glare, not easy to read. So far I personally prefer the Kindle. I have friends that have them. Kim

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
The 189 dollar Kindle is equipped with wireless and 3g....my wife can sit in her recliner and download a book in thirty seconds. No hookups required.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Fred,

I bought my wife the older model last year. I think it is preferable to the larger model. The screen is still big enough, but more importantly it's size is much handier.

Slayer, no the wireless connection is free, no charge for downloads. Book prices were really great when I first bought it, but I hear publishers forced a price increase when the Apple device came out. Still not bad though, and it is really convenient when traveling to be able to just download any time you want (except in Bar Harbor, Maine where I couldn't get a good enough connection!) Lesson there is download what you want ahead of time when traveling where there isn't good 3g available.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have a second generation Kindle (before the larger screen). I spend twelve to twenty hours a week under medical treatment and find the Kindle invaluable. It is also great for a boredom relief while riding an AirDyne exercise bike. I am delighted with it and would highly recommend them to all. Amazon has thousands++ of choices for downloading. The only book I found not available for Kindle download, that I really wanted, was Skunk Works. Jimmy Borum

·
Banned
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! You have pretty much confirmed what I thought. I have a birthday coming up so the $189 Kindle seems like the perfect gift. Fred

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.