Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kick Ezz pad on single barrel gun is about one year old. In the hot Fl sun, it becomes tacky and is making a mess of my shooting shirts. I wear Under Armour cool shirts this time of the year. Is there any kind of a treatment I can get for the pad?

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Phil,
I use nothing but Kick Eez pads. As you know, I also reside in Fl. I have not experienced the tacky condition you describe with Kick Eez. I have purchased guns that were fitted with other brands of soft pads that became sticky and gooey as you describe without a lot of sun exposure. Some even deform when setting gun in a rack. Marc

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phil,
I use nothing but Kick Eez pads. As you know, I also reside in Fl. I have not experienced the tacky condition you describe with Kick Eez. I have purchased guns that were fitted with other brands of soft pads that became sticky and gooey as you describe without a lot of sun exposure. Some even deform when setting gun in a rack. Marc
Marc, been using Kick-ezz for years too, never had this problem before

Phil

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
I also use nothing but Kick-ezz pads as well. Here in S. Florida to boot. I have them on 3 different guns and have never had your problem. You must have spilled something on the pad, or got a bad one from the factory. Its also possible the pad installer rubbed something (to shine it up) on it when it was fitted that broke down the rubber over the next 12 months as well. Replace it and use a different installer. break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
40 Posts
Installed several hundred Kick Eez pads, and never had that complaint. Are you using a chemical to wipe down the stock?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts