Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kick-Eez recoil pad on one of my shotguns. I want to reduce the LOP slightly (about 1/8" to 1/4") without cutting the stock. My question is can I somehow grind off about 1/8" to 1/4" off the END of the pad? If so, what is the best way to do it?

Easystreet

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Some pads have hollow cavities inside which may open up if you grind anything off a surface other than the sides. Not sure about Kick-eez pads; they feel pretty solid but.....? If you want to grind pads, a belt or disc sander with 80 ~ 120 grit is pretty much the way to go.

AndyH

·
Supporting Vendor
5,394 Posts
By grinding the end of the pad you will remove the molded surface finish. This could cause the pad to split later.

Kick-EEZ makes different thickness pads. You could have a thinner pad installed. If you do decide to cut the stock you can re-fit the current pad.

1/8" is almost impossible to detect. I would fit a thinner pad for a 1/4" reduction. That way you can go to a thicker pad if you want to increase the LOP later.

Jim Skeel

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Here is a website that shows the thicknesses of Kickeez pads that are avaliable.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/PROD/kick-eez-recoil-pads/kick-eez-300-series

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
I bought out Kick-Eez's red pads and have some in different thicknesses. I sell them for $29.95 each and some minimal postage.

Here's a small selection of what I have.

Whiz White

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.