Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Come out
Dear K.C.G.C Members April 26, 2020
The staff and board members here at the Kern County Gun Club are looking forward to getting back to serving our patrons, and we humbly ask for your help. We are seeking volunteers for Wednesday, April 29th and Thursday, April 30th. We need help with trimming weeds, trees, and general clean-up to get ready for the big reopening day of May 2nd, 2020. Our goal is to start each workday at 8:00 am., and any help you are willing lend will be greatly appreciated.
For the time being we will be running with a very short staff. Therefore, most of the paid staff work efforts will be spent keeping the machines running, reliable, and shoot ready for our wonderful members. However, with all the rain we’ve had over the last 2 months, the weeds have grown to an unsafe height. And with the upcoming heat and rattlesnake conditions, we want the environment to be safe and family friendly for both our members and the staff. So, if you have some free time and a weed trimmer and/or lawn mower laying around and would like to help, please meet us here Wednesday or Thursday and help us get our wonderful club looking good and shoot ready. Looking forward to seeing you.
Our Most Sincere Thanks,

Attachments

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
so...youre looking for volunteers to get bit by rattlesnakes because the paid workers knew enough to move over to the machine dept. hmmm. smart staff!
joshing ya steve.
btw...i shot my first game of trap at lemoore nas. not far from you.

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so...youre looking for volunteers to get bit by rattlesnakes because the paid workers knew enough to move over to the machine dept. hmmm. smart staff!
joshing ya steve.
btw...i shot my first game of trap at lemoore nas. not far from you.
Snakes are ok some of us have been hit in the ass so many times the club should put up a board to keep track of who is the biggest Ass. I know I have worked hard at it. I may be number 1
FB_IMG_1495842273180.jpg

Steve

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
the navy use to crash a lot of jets off base in lemoore and rattlers were the biggest concern of the reclaim crew having to look for parts of the jet in bushes. i hate those things. i cant remember how many ive hit while dirt riding the desert. its when theyd flip up in the front fender that would get my heart skipping!

·
Registered
8,395 Posts
I know the snakes I encounter when using a weed eater sure get out of dodge quickly.
That being said I’m dealing with garter snakes and cow suckers, not a rattlesnake.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Do those rattlers ever set up shop IN the traphouses? That would definitely dim your enthusiasm for doing maintenance. :15a:

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nothing worse than seeing a nasty rattler when you least expect it. Whoever does the weeding you have to stay alert each second. When a rattler strikes he usually means business. No weeding for me.

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing worse than seeing a nasty rattler when you least expect it. Whoever does the weeding you have to stay alert each second. When a rattler strikes he usually means business. No weeding for me.
weeding is done no problems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts