Trapshooters Forum banner

Kentucky State Trapshoot

2554 25
I would like to thank the KTL Staff for hosting a great state shoot. I shot on several banks and the target setting was superb. They were able to navigate the labor shortage , it ran like clockwork. I thought on Thursday we would need an ark it rained so much, flooding many trap houses. However, on Friday everything was running smooth.
We may need to have trophies for us old folks only, these doggone youngins shooting are killing us.
Wish I had shot better, unfortunately, there was a lot of shooter error.
Thanks again.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
6,252 Posts
I would like to thank the KTL Staff for hosting a great state shoot. I shot on several banks and the target setting was superb. They were able to navigate the labor shortage , it ran like clockwork. I thought on Thursday we would need an ark it rained so much, flooding many trap houses. However, on Friday everything was running smooth.
We may need to have trophies for us old folks only, these doggone youngins shoot are killing us.
Thanks again.
They do Charlie, they're called Sub Vet, Vet, & Sr. Vet.

· Registered
6 Posts
We may need to have trophies for us old folks only, these doggone youngins shoot are killing us.
Thanks again.
Agree. Large number of shooters, but everything ran smoothly. Always receive courteous and cordial treatment. Also, cafeteria guy had the best sausage biscuits imaginable! Best place to shoot I know for me!

· Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: machine121

· Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My final option after disastrous doubles was to turn my handicap post in and go shoot Sporting clays.

· Premium Member
6,286 Posts
There are many things that coalesce to make good targets fly.
The KTL is committed to the sport and continues to look for ways to improve.
It starts with good equipment and a great location. The President John Kerr and the director's all have a jobs and work well together to make things run smoothly.
Dave Riddell and Hoots set the targets and deserve a great big thank you from all.
Henry Winn KTL Director

· Premium Member
2,391 Posts
KTL has a knowledgeable group of Directors who know what good target setting is about and the President did an outstanding job in keeping the shoot organized and moving! Good folks who know their job leads to success! Regarding us more mature folks being able to compete, we must step up our game to keep up since we have fellow SR VETS shooting 100's in almost every event. It might be good for shooting if all shoots could observe the Kentucky Trap League successes!

· Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thank goodness you didn't indulge your self-pity in a round or two of Skeet........:sneaky:
I didn't have time to find my pink panties.

Reactions: entropy

· Registered
1,287 Posts
It was a privilege to shoot with you on Saturday. Congrats on the 200. Glad my poor marksmanship didn't cause you to miss. Towards the end I was as nervous as you were. And yes they were great targets.

Signed: The guy on post five.
You guys were great. I was trying to stay calm, but I almost dropped each of the last 15 shells as I was putting them in my gun.

· Registered
4,291 Posts
Targets must have been "nice." Doubles championship had 273 entries with 8-100's and 9-99's.
Michigan, Wyoming, Pennsylvania, Texas and Ohio state shoots combined totaled 4-100's with 5 times the entries as Kentucky.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.