Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a couple of questions, 1. Where would be a good place to stay.
2. What is the background like, lots of trees, large open area?

Thanks giving some thought of trying to go.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Plenty of motels in Richmond within 15 minutes if club , background is open with trees in distance , best targets you'll ever shoot , my quote is " if you can't break em at Central you can't break em anywhere "

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a couple of questions, 1. Where would be a good place to stay.
2. What is the background like, lots of trees, large open area?

Thanks giving some thought of trying to go.
Thank just what I was looking for thought Berea might be the place to stay. Thanks for responses. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
GREAT place to shoot...some of my best scores.
Richmond is home to Easter Kentucky University ( my Alma Mater) and has plenty of amenities to make your visit comfortable.
That said...the gun club grounds are ( as previously indicated...) pretty wide open. That's a GOOD thing when you're shooting...but VERY bad on a HOT Summer day.
Take some kind of easily set-up shade, canopy, WHATEVER...protect yourself from having to sit in the sun all day.
Break'em ALL...!!!!
Not to get too far off-topic...but you'll be AMAZED how many Kentucky shooters find that when they step to the line for the Handicap Championship..they (somehow) find that "it all came together" on that particular day for them..!!
ENJOY..!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem Don, I hate handicaps! Just looking for a shoot close enough for a short vacation.

·
Banned
694 Posts
Don Steele, Before they call for a target the Kentucky Hdcp. boys wet their finger to take the blur off the front site, Then let out a Big Gobble. Worked on the Japs, why not targets.

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
Richmond has plenty of lodging. As far as the background, there is none better. Only trouble is the targets seems to float forever when you miss one! :13:

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
You can look at the state shoot program on the KY trap homepage, it lists the motels in it and some of them give a discount if you mention the trapshoot

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Never had the good fortune to go but can tell you first hand that some of the Ky shooters join us at the Ms. State shoot each year. Can't speak for everybody there but if you meet Bobby Fowler, mom, & dad you WILL enjoy your time there. GREAT people and you had best wear your big boy pants if you plan to shoot scores with them!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts