Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I counted nineteen 100 x 100s today in the singles class championship. Everyone else had a 99. I believe there were four 100 straights broken in the mornings Memorial Handicap. Didn't check to see if everyone else had a 99.

And here I am stuck at home sick not being able to attend. I know if I had been there, I could have broken at least a 99 in singles:3schild25:

Good Luck to all shooters at the Kentucky State Shoot and hope to be there next year!!

Ronnie D. (8504014)

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Word on the streets is most of those guys carried "D" class averages last week. Those Kentucky boys sure can learn to shoot overnight!!

·
Well known trouble maker
3,221 Posts
Anyone know if rain has affected the grounds?

Still have vivid memories of the year before last getting pulled out by the tractor.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey doc, I just talked to a buddy of mine that's there now. He said the grounds where you park was a mess. He has watched 4 wheel drive's get stuck. The canceled the last handicap yesterday and are gonna shoot it today.

Robb, you can go to the score board on this site and see them. Thanks.

Gary

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Facts say one out of the 19 came out of D class, a total of five of the 19 came from lower than A.
Always a pleasure to watch those 19 yarders from KY playing the ticket and suddenly becoming a force to be dealt with. Go Kentuckians in today's Handicap!!

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
We have a ton of young shooters getting better rapidly. They may be turning in big scores. Too bad Ronnie isn't here, one of the nicest people in trapshooting. And he will beat your butt. AA-27 yd shooter is the Juiceman.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Your welcome doc,
charlie you said a mouth full right there, ronnie is a class act of a guy and I'm honored to call him my friend. When I first took up trapshooting about 8 months ago ronnie was the first to offer me help. Since then we have traveled to a couple shoots and God willing many more to come. He is under the weather and could use the prayers of many. Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have a ton of young shooters getting better rapidly. They may be turning in big scores. Too bad Ronnie isn't here, one of the nicest people in trapshooting. And he will beat your butt. AA-27 yd shooter is the Juiceman.
Charlie,
Thank you very much for those kind words. Also thanks again for helping me sale the BT 99 plus-micro. I sure do miss not being able to attend the State Shoot this year and missing out on all the fellowship, food and shooting some of the best thrown targets in the country. Sounds like Kenny, the KTL Officers and Personnel have worked really hard and have put on one of the best State Shoots ever. They deserve a lot of thanks for doing what is sometimes a thankless job. My hat is off to each one of them.

Hopefully I will be well enough to attend the Southern Zone Shoot at CKGC in a couple weeks and see you then.

Thanks again and shoot well my friend,
Ronnie Davis 8504014

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your welcome doc,
charlie you said a mouth full right there, ronnie is a class act of a guy and I'm honored to call him my friend. When I first took up trapshooting about 8 months ago ronnie was the first to offer me help. Since then we have traveled to a couple shoots and God willing many more to come. He is under the weather and could use the prayers of many. Thanks.

Gary
Gary,
Thanks for all your prayers this past week. I am feeling a little better. You know, one of the best things about trapshooting is meeting new friends and I am glad that trapshooting caused us to become just that, good friends!!

I hope your Mom is still improving from her surgery? I will keep her in our prayers.

Thanks my friend,
Ronnie

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone know if rain has affected the grounds?

Still have vivid memories of the year before last getting pulled out by the tractor.

Doc,
I believe that was one of the wettest Kentucky State Shoots ever!! I recall talking to one Gentleman there that has shot since the 1960s and he told me that he had never seen anything like it regarding the wet grounds. I recall as you said, all the campers and motor homes having to be pulled out by tractors and I believe I even saw one large fork lift pushing while a large farm tractor was pulling some of the motor homes out of the mud.

Have a great day!
Ronnie

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ronnie,
your welcome, prayers is something that only takes a minute to do and the rewards are great. Thank you for the prayers for mom and my daughter, they are doing better thanks be to God. Get well and we will shoot em up. Lol.

Gary

1 - 20 of 40 Posts