Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI - Ken says this is actually aluminum ( silver in color) not sure why it appears gold?

I got this in an email from Ken so I am going out on a limb and put it on here

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI - Ken says this is actually aluminum ( silver in color) not sure why it appears gold?

I got this in an email from Ken so I am going out on a limb and put it on here

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to post....first, a big thank you to CubanCigar for posting the photo for me...

This is the new Auto-Buster, developed for the gas gun crowd!! It is a dual spring reduction system with a pad adjuster. It has the least amount of intrusion into the stock of any system available, allowing us to do some pretty cool stuff...like an 1100 with recoil reduction, a pad adjuster and an lop as short as 13 1/2"!!!!(WITHOUT ALTERING THE ACTION SPRING). The picture above is of a SuperX-1 that will get run thru it's paces by David Chandler of Hull, Texas, this weekend and next at a couple of sporting clays events. We'll be ready to start installing these systems in about 2 weeks. It can be installed on most autoloaders in use today.

If you want more info and a picture of the system out of the stock, email at the address above and we'll reply with a flyer. Thanks!!

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I too would like to know the cost. Not that it makes a big difference as I already have plans to ship my stock but it would be nice to know

·
Registered
544 Posts
Guys,

I saw this new system in Ken's shop about a month ago. I am trying to get something fixed up for a grandson and he pulled it out to show me what was coming. Should be slick. Everything else Ken has come up with that I've used has been first rate.

HBT

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Will it work on an o/u? No reason it won't, although I've only shot the prototype on an 1100. Recoil in a gas gun vs a break open gun is different. In my experience, spring systems like this work better on gas guns than other guns. The Auto-Buster was developed to fit some specific needs that could not be met by any other available system. It looks like preliminary pricing is going to run in the $375 area, installed. That will include 2 pads, one for summer lop and another for winter, and 3 sets of springs for different rates of reduction. I won't have the first run of production parts for a few more days,so pricing could vary a little when I get the real invoice.

Ken

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
It will work great on a Jack West stock.....we already have plans to do several of them for a dealer. The 1/2" Kickeez pad is a 301-5-L-B.

Ken

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Got a report a little while ago from David Chandler ( the owner of the SX-1 stock in the picture above).He shot a Sporting Clays tournament in the Houston area with it today. In his words: "it performed flawlessly!" . He said a lot of shooters tried it on the practice area and everyone was favorably impressed. I've had a lot of inquiries already and even had two stocks dropped off at the shop today to be done as soon as parts arrive.

Ken

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Nice job, Mr. Rucker...and it certainly looks like it addresses an open need and market. Best of luck with it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.