Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an email from Ken saying that he was stranded in Manila and had lost all of his luggage. He needs me to send as much money as I'm able. Does anyone know how to wire this money to Ken?

Thanks

·
Banned
5,302 Posts
He has no worries. I put him in contact with a Nigerian Prince that was looking to send $2,000,000 to someone. Ken's probably already headed home on a G5 charter.

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
I got an email like that from a good friend of mine who I knew really was traveling. I was more than willing to wire him money. I called around to people we both knew and found out that Steve and his wife had eaten breakfast with them that morning. I would bet most of these things are scams.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,832 Posts
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck

Reactions: Charlie Becknell

·
Banned
242 Posts
skeeljc said:
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck
I GOT IT TOO !!! I SENT HIM 2 MILLION~~~( WESTERN UNION ) ~~~ I AM SURE HE WILL RETURN WHAT HE DON'T NEED !!!~~~SURE IS A GOOD GUY !!!

·
Ljutic Nut
2,940 Posts
Gary if you sent that much to Ken could I get a little help here? I just got my wife a K-80 for shooting doubles so now I'm thinking with your help I could get one too? You can reply by PM if all you can send is 20 or 30 K, I would not want to embarrass you on here if you are a little short because of your gift to Ken.

Jim R

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Scam. If you "reply" to the e-mail you find it goes to a different e-mail address that the one you got it from.

You can jack with these people by leading them on and making them think you fell for it, but its probably best to just ignore them.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
I got that email too....and knew it was bogus. About 5 years ago a young man I knew was travelling to SE Asia sent basically the same email which pinned my BS meter so I called his folks and they assured me he was OK and that he had no knowledge of the email. This is an instance where a "SEEK OUT AND DESTROY WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE" button on my keyboard to end the #$%#$%# hackers would be legit.

Ron Burr

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Then there's that leak here where some are using it to invade other members privacy. It's not the present owners fault, but some members are spreading others private info around the playground.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
My email was hacked! I am alive and well in San Antone, but I appreciate all of your concern. Rankhorn took up a collection for me and said he got $3.80! Wow !

Ken
You been chatting with ks-oky lately????????????

·
Supporting Vendor
5,832 Posts
Scam. You can jack with these people by leading them on and making them think you fell for it, but its probably best to just ignore them.
I regularly "jack" with the phone scams about my computer needing help. I can usually keep them on the hook for almost 30 minutes. I figure it is worth it as they are not scamming someone else for the 30 minutes.

Reactions: timb99
1 - 20 of 38 Posts