Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Ha! And you guys say skeet is easy! Doubt you'll be seeing a 14 round shootoff anytime soon in skeet, might have happened once between Bender and Mayes, but those days are long gone!

Congrats to both the shooters, pretty amazing!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Cool pic! I'm new to trap so forgive me. So, in a shoot off the participants keep shooting round after round till one finally finishes with the higher score? Are there certain nuances like one shooter has to start on a certain post or follow a particular order? Just curious. I wish them both the best of luck tomorrow, pretty impressive they can shoot that many in a row!

Reactions: P-Mx10

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Ha! And you guys say skeet is easy! Doubt you'll be seeing a 14 round shootoff anytime soon in skeet, might have happened once between Bender and Mayes, but those days are long gone!

Congrats to both the shooters, pretty amazing!
I think it was Wayne and Phil Murray that set the record for the longest shootoff. I think it was 17 rounds of skeet. This was when they shot regular rounds, not shootoff doubles. Of course the powers-to-be realized they had to do something because it wasn't going to be practical to keep doing that.
I've seen shootoffs go 8 boxes of doubles. Of course it was Wayne and Bobby Uknalis. Man, was it fun to watch those two shoot! They both made it look so easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I'm sorry. This is an example of the lunacy that hurts our sport. Skeet recognized the problem going to first one round of regular skeet than doubles; to just doubles; to doubles at stations 3,4, and 5. We've done nothing to expedite shoot-offs, so most of the time in smaller shoots a coin flip decides the 16 yard winner. When are we going to wake up?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Historic shootoff today at the KY State Shoot. Four resident shooters broke 200; Keith Ditto, Nick Kingrey, James Glass, and Keith Parrott. Nick went out after 225 in the shoot-off. After round 17 in the shoot off(200+425) Keith Parrott wins! Longest in KTL history

Ditto and Parrott also tied for the Doubles championship. Ditto won in one round 19-18.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I watched 300 shots Saturday night. Keith Parrott was like a well oiled machine, very methodical. Keith Ditto shot like greased lightning, hanging smoke balls right out of the house. Exciting shoot off, great performances. My congratulations to all the 200's .

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keith Ditto did not win the doubles with a 19. Gerard Hoots was doubles champ with 20.

Congrats to Keith Parrott ! I worked this whole shoot off and the targets were broken very well!

Terry Dean
Too much hot sun today Terry! Gerald smoked me in the doubles with 20, but he only broke 98 in the program for AA. Ditto and Keith had 99.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
More impressive to me is Keith's brother, Dr. Kevin Parrott, still shooting at a championship level with a 98 in doubles, while becoming a master class sporting clays shooter and a full time physician.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts