Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

Registered
The shell I take out of the row first mirrors the station I start first. This way I know where to end. 馃槈
Damn, and here l always thought that happened when the box was empty!!

Reactions: Wazman

Premium Member
Why count? This just creates another distraction. Wait for the score keeper to announce a change.
That's fine but it assumes that the 12 year old scorekeeper knows when to call it and that she speaks loud enough for you to hear it.

Banned
I don鈥檛 count but try really hard to remember what stand I started on. When I get to the stand before that, it should be target 5. So far it has worked every time.

Registered
Now I have to worry about what hand I grab the shell with and make sure I grab the middle shell-I can't believe I have been screwing that up. Do I have to alternate which shell after that? Should the box be facing out of my shell bag or in? This new pre shot routine is going to get ugly.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Now I have to worry about what hand I grab the shell with and make sure I grab the middle shell-I can't believe I have been screwing that up. Do I have to alternate which shell after that? Should the box be facing out of my shell bag or in? This new pre shot routine is going to get ugly.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I don't know about the "which hand to grab the shell with" stuff. That sounds like superstition to me. But it is imperative you have the box facing out and always take the center shell from each row first!

I don't know if Neil and Tim have done any testing on order of shell after the middle one. I would have thought they must have because this is such an important part of shooting good scores. Personally I prefer to take the middle shell then the one on the right. So if you numbered the shells 1,2,3,4,5 left to right as they lay in the box. I take 3 first, then 4, then 5, then 2, then 1. 馃槂

Reactions: charleyj10

Registered
Get a holder. When the row is done, get ready to move. By the way, make sure you take the center shell out of the row first. It improves your score! :giggle:
I shoot my highest scores when I remove the second shell from the right first.

Registered
It is a well known fact that the vast majority of trapshooters are mathematically challenged and counting to five is most difficult.

Well, Bi-Star has your back brother and has recently introduced a shell pouch that eliminates the problem by including a built in abacus to aid in the task of keeping count of how many times you have shot on each station. It also serves to keep track of beer consumption after the shoot so you are never in danger of running out.

Take advantage of the introductory offer of only $29.95 before the end of the month. Contact DukeFan via PM to place your order.

But wait...........there's more!

The first 100 forum members who order the pouch will receive five free Winchester 109 primers with their order.

View attachment 1755007

View attachment 1755013
You funny man Doc! If you ever come back to the Crystal lake or Volo area, let me know.

Registered
One advantage of shooting post five you should hear the ________and change. After that just look at the lead shooter some you will never know that was their fifth shot. OTHERS anyone close enough to glance their way will know it's time to move.

I have tried all the other methods mentioned but working out of the box is the easiest. One of the center three because they come out nicely without jumbling the rows below them. Picking from the end jumbles up the row underneath and makes me think to much.
I have tried the dropping the empties at my feet it works until I follow someone doing the same thing, with the same shells. That really makes me think to much. Following more than one shooter using the same shells? OMG having to take my shoes off to keep track!

Al

Registered
i wear a vest and put the whole box in the right front pocket, you have 5 stations and 5 row's of 5 shells

Registered
Also, I must be weird (in fact I know I am), to use "tomk2's" choice of words, because I always catch my ejected shells in mid air with my right hand and bat them into the nearest bin in one flowing graceful movement that would bring a look of sheer pleasure to the face of BiStar's CEO.
ISSF trap habit.

Registered
My vest has inner & outer pocket each side. Dump the shells inner pocket and put five shells outer pocket before every station.

Registered
I have tried all the other methods mentioned but working out of the box is the easiest. One of the center three because they come out nicely without jumbling the rows below them. Picking from the end jumbles up the row underneath and makes me think to much.
I agree but will add that I like to grab them from the crimped end. It seems to pop up easier than the primer end. Just sayin 馃槈

Registered
I use a two pocket pouch start with 5 shells in pouch and 20 in the back pocket.
Between stations just move 5 shells to the front Pouch works great for me.
I can鈥檛 hear the scorer even if standing next to them.

Registered
I think most of the responders and the op are way beyond their intellectual capabilities to solve complex processes involved in changing stations. It is not the same as calculations to determine orbits involved in moon landings. Tom

21 - 40 of 56 Posts