Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, before you all get your panties twisted thinking i can't count to five, I can. Even backwards. Most days.

How do you keep track of your five shots when you're otherwise fully concentrated on each target and not on counting them?

I like position one but even if i start on a different station I don't like the distraction of counting and sometimes lose track.

I don't have a shell box type holder but I'm thinking that's actually the best route. Or put five in a separate pouch pocket?

So how do you keep track ?

·
Premium Member
5,560 Posts
Get a holder. When the row is done, get ready to move. By the way, make sure you take the center shell out of the row first. It improves your score! :giggle:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I put a full box in my left pocket with a break gun, l shoot right handed. Take center shell first always!! Better scores. When l shoot pump gun, l put shell box in my right pocket, under the gun, less movement. End of row, end of station.

Reactions: Big Az Al and jk80

·
Registered
213 Posts
I do the 5 in one pocket at a time thing. I still never know when to not load my gun when shooting doubles.

chet

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use a holder, 1 row then on you go, and y empties go in my pouch cause I never throw them on the ground, I hate to make someone else pick up my hulls
This is the easiest way. And I don't tear the flaps off the box and drop them on the ground either like some do. I can fold them back and still get the box in my holder.

Jerry

·
Registered
796 Posts
As I normally shoot station #1 to lead off, I put a full box in my right pocket being a LH shooter and go row by row. If I happen to dump the whole box in my pocket I drop the fired shells on the ground in front of me and if required I will pick up the empties after the round and put in the garbage as I do not expect a club to have to pick up after me. [I don't like it when shooters eject their empties on the ground as most clubs do not have paid staff to clean up]
Devonian.

·
Well known trouble maker
3,221 Posts
It is a well known fact that the vast majority of trapshooters are mathematically challenged and counting to five is most difficult.

Well, Bi-Star has your back brother and has recently introduced a shell pouch that eliminates the problem by including a built in abacus to aid in the task of keeping count of how many times you have shot on each station. It also serves to keep track of beer consumption after the shoot so you are never in danger of running out.

Take advantage of the introductory offer of only $29.95 before the end of the month. Contact DukeFan via PM to place your order.

But wait...........there's more!

The first 100 forum members who order the pouch will receive five free Winchester 109 primers with their order.

shooting pouch.jpg

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Thanks to Wald & Devonian---because I'm one of the ones that "gets" to pick up hulls from those who live at the city dump. ---80 year old backs don't like that type of exercise. Never been to a club that didn't have proper disposal facilities, usually right behind each field.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
People who use their right hand to grab the next shot shell are weird. Normal people are holding the shotgun with their right hand and the ammo is on the left.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I've never tried counting how many targets I've shot at each station. I just keep loading the gun and shooting until the referee ends the misery and says, "Change please" or "Unload and check your scores".

However, when shooting Olympic trap I do try to remember which targets I'd had from each station so I know where the last 5 are going.

Also, I must be weird (in fact I know I am), to use "tomk2's" choice of words, because I always catch my ejected shells in mid air with my right hand and bat them into the nearest bin in one flowing graceful movement that would bring a look of sheer pleasure to the face of BiStar's CEO.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts