Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do any of you do to keep mice from infesting your camper during storage?

I've heard of shaving off hunks of Irish Spring bar soap and scattering around the camper..

·
Registered
607 Posts
I spread moth balls around the outside on the ground and use dryer sheets inside the storage compartments and have never had an issue. Good luck, Tim

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
I know that Irish Spring gives me a rash, along with Coast deodorant soap. Maybe mice would get the same reaction if they used it. LOL

I think that anything that has a strong odor would work. Moth Balls I think work, but the smell will drive you from the camper too.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Great stuff foam in EVERY small opening underneath. Then dryer sheets everywhere mice can hide. Check often under. And in places . GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Gal at work used to swear by hedge balls (Osage Orange) for bugs and mice. Seemed to work in our garage. They just sort of slowly shrink in size while they dry out. Never seemed to rot or make a real mess.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
962 Posts
A friend of mine had a camper once and he just threw Bounce dryer sheets all over the floor and everywhere. Not just in closets, etc. He never had a problem that I am aware of.

Tim

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife puts hedge balls in the basement to keep spiders away. They sell them in the grocery stores here in north central Iowa.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have had really good luck with a product called Squeek-out. It was
called Mouse-out for a while, but they had to change the name. It was
used to spray the nose wheel mechanism on Fighter planes and they discovered
it eliminated the mouse problem. Works for me.
Good luck, Jim

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Joel,

I have a mouse problem in our older home. Was told by everyone to try Fresh Cab, and that we would no longer have a problem. I have found in my situation that it attracts mice - not runs them away. We had ice and snowfall here Thursday night. I have trapped 6 mice in living room since then. There is also a total of 4 new Fresh Cab packages in living room also.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I have used peppermint oil extract from the health food store. Just put a few drops in a cup of cotton balls and place several cups inside my motorhome and in each outside compartment. Have not had a rodent in the last 10 years. Hope this helps.
M Taylor Shotgunner50

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I put moth balls inside those cheese/pepper shakers you can buy at a Dollar type store and put one in every exterior compartment. Inside I use the dryer sheets along with a few traps. Was told that newer wire insulation uses Soy in its composition and that's why they will eat small wires.?? So far so good.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Lock a cat inside.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm with merlyn. Plug every hole you can find and then mousetraps or lock a cat up if there are any left inside. My wife can't deal with any mouse. Not one not none so every fall I scour the outside of the house and plug anything I can find. It works.

Steve

·
Premium Member
18,856 Posts
Be sure the cat is cut, and you have a litter box. LOL.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm sure a lot of people leave a cat locked in a camper all winter.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have kept my travel trailer and various motor homes plugged in through the winters and found a device that is low voltage that plugs in to an outlet that makes a clicking sound every few seconds and I have never had a single mouse. You can find them at hardware stores and they are only a few bucks and only one will do the trick.
Joe

1 - 20 of 27 Posts