Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it legal to keep a shotgun in the back of a SUV locked in a gun case? Looking at securing it with a lockable cable to seat frame.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
A friend of mine has kept up to 3 trap guns in his truck on the back seat floor for years all over the east coast with out any problems,it is legal in Md. as long as not loaded.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
In my days of shooting Model 12's, I only took it out of the trunk once a year to clean it. We're talking a 15+ years span or thereabouts.

No adverse problems ever developed.

It was always cased and empty and that would be our law in Iowa.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
When the children were in school we would unload all of the firearms out of the vehicle before entering school grounds.
Henry

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check with your local police department. Laws vary by state. For what length of time are you looking at keeping it there?
Shoot every other day. Want to leave in SUV for a month at a time. I run a snake and silicone outside after each shoot.

·
Registered
972 Posts
You could leave the barrel in its case and just take the reciever back to the residence.no laws against just parts in the trunk afaik.
Under the conditions some will fare better than others.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Is it legal to keep a shotgun in the back of a SUV locked in a gun case? Looking at securing it with a lockable cable to seat frame.
In Ohio unless you have a CCW permit any firearm transported in a motor vehicle must be unloaded and not readily accessible to anyone in the passenger area of the vehicle.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Jarurg2 thanks for the helpful reply!b
So you want someone else to do the legwork for you? In the time it took you to ask and respond, you could have Googled the info yourself. I’m always amazed at the people who can’t help themselves with the simplest of tasks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you want someone else to do the legwork for you? In the time it took you to ask and respond, you could have Googled the info yourself. I’m always amazed at the people who can’t help themselves with the simplest of tasks.
See your post all over. Have yet to see one that added to a conversation.

Sorry that you are such a SAD individual.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts