·
Premium Member
832 Posts
slow day. look at shootscoreboard.com
Handicap just started. not as windy of a day as yesterday though

·
Registered
495 Posts
It is so great to see the shooters turning out in large numbers to support the shoot. It took courage for the association to forge ahead and hold this shoot and the shooters are showing their appreciation with their attendance.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Barry, it was suggested to pre-squad and then pay for your events/options, and get classified ahead of time and for me it worked great. In the state shoot program there was a phone number to call and take care of everything. I did that and I didn't even have to go in the clubhouse....if I didn't want to. Those that didn't follow the suggestion were allowed to squad and cashier....like the old days....and follow the social distancing guidelines, which people are doing.

The kitchen is open. You wait in line....6 feet apart...put your order in....go sit down and when your food is ready one of the ladies yells out your name and brings the food to where you are.

Rob Taylor and his crew are doing a outstanding job of putting this shoot on. Kudos to them.

The rest of the week looks good. Sunshine and summer temps. Couldn't be better.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was there last Sunday thru Wednesday morning. Shot my first targets Tuesday since 2017. Windy, to say the least. If felt great to be back at Kansas. The grounds are impeccable. A water truck constantly wetting the roads to keep the dust at bay. Not a weed in site. Trap houses, walk-ways, side walks, all perfectly groomed. The food vendor kills it with his smoked meats. Smiles everywhere. Just saw Stacy Rehor nailed the 200 on Saturday. Way to go girl! Sure wish this place was big enough to host the Grand, just in case the Illinois government officials don’t get their heads out of their ? Kudos to Rob Taylor and all the helpers for a slam dunk shoot, Kansas hospitality supreme, and the best of all, they make you feel like family!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well run! Friendly as Kansas people always are! Grounds were awesome! I forgot how much the wind blows after moving from Western KS 20 years ago! Food looked good. Birds were good. Someone said it was one of the biggest KS State shoots on record, I know there were over 400 in Caps yesterday and the parking lot was missing a LOT of people that were there for singles on Saturday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts