Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree, We are planning on taking some of our high school team down to compete in the youth championship since our high school state tournament has been canceled.

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
Unless our demorat governor has a brain fart and extends or reissues the stay at home shutdown!

·
Registered
30 Posts
It is a positive note that it has not been cancelled but i agree a lot can change in a month.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
did anyone call corona and tell it not to attend?
man i'd feel bad if i brought a team to a shoot and had one kid die from all this virus stuff.
i just find it odd parents would even consider sending them.
but than again...nothings more important than shooting trap!
you get my drift.

Reactions: timb99

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
man i'd feel bad if i brought a team to a shoot and had one kid die from all this virus stuff.
you get my drift.
What difference does it make to you ? You won`t be attending this or any other shoot for that matter. I will be at the KTA shooting and practicing a little common sense .

·
Registered
21,419 Posts
What difference does it make to you ? You won`t be attending this or any other shoot for that matter. I will be at the KTA shooting and practicing a little common sense .
Poor fella. Thinks he is so much better than anyone else.

virtue signaling
[virtue signaling]
NOUN
virtue signalling (noun)
  1. the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
you get my drift.
Self Appointed Social Distancing
Police///////////////

·
Administrator
8,585 Posts
you get my drift.
Here is one way to look at it:

The KSTA BOD checks in with the Gov. officials and they get the OK so they vote to proceed with their shoot

Shooters or the case of youth shooters parents can make the choice to attend or not. Last time I checked it was a free country and citizens can choose what they would like to do within the laws and structure of the state.

How about this---those same people that plan on attending the state shoot in Kansas are the same ones who are going into grocery stores--wal mart-pharmacies- Home Depot and a host of other places, what makes you think their chances of contracting any type of virus is going to be higher at a state shoot in Kansas?

Knock off the fear mongering--there are a lot of things in life that are more important than shooting trap but if it is safe to do and Kansas is going to put on their state shoot that is a good thing. Last time I checked we are a trap shooting forum and the majority of us try to use common sense.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
sure, i'll stop.
but i learned a lot about the nations fellow shooters, thats for sure.
just remember...the people that attend that shoot dont all live in innocent ks.
i did my part. i cautioned you all when it started.
now i'll stop.
now excuse me, i must head back to the death zone to care for my mother. hope i didnt pick anything up from the ignorant mid-west, thatll kill my her when i walk in and say hello.

·
Registered
21,419 Posts
sure, i'll stop.
now i'll stop.
now excuse me, i must head back to the death zone to care for my mother. hope i didnt pick anything up from the ignorant mid-west, thatll kill my her when i walk in and say hello.
‘My face is everywhere now’: Coronavirus shaming swirls on social media

·
Registered
30 Posts
I feel that at the end of the day we are responsible for keeping ourselves safe. If someone feels uncomfortable being out in public than by all means stay home. If some of our team members want to go to the shoot and their parents are ok with it than we will go. Our top priority as coaches is the safety of our team members. But it the event is being held and we practice all the recommended social distancing regulations at the time we are not going to stay home just because of the "What if"

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
sure, i'll stop.
now i'll stop.
Why would you be going anywhere near your elderly mother, unless you're isolated with her?

Practice what you preach.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Finally, a trap club with nads in this...whatever you prefer to call it....mess...

I wish everyone the best!! If you attend, bring your "A" game, there have always been some great shooters there.....like that Campbell fellow...lol.......merlyn.....ps

The chicken-littles and the doomsday bunch can shelter wherever. And if I wear a mask, it will be to rob a liquor store

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sure, i'll stop.
now i'll stop.
Oh I see. The hicks in the midwest, you know, the ignorant types, are all trying to get grandma killed. Not smart enough to pour pee out of their boots, poor fellers. We should listen to more learned folks such as yourself. Funny, the MD that lives in my house doesn't think that attending this shoot while practicing proper social distancing and solid hygiene skills presents too great a risk. While I am sure you are an expert on Covid 19 and related matters, I will probably defer to her guidance.

·
Thorn in your side
8,114 Posts
you get my drift.
Glad to see this idiot banned. Well deserved and hopefully a long one.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Bobski certainly has a right to express his opinion so I will express mine. I would rather contract the virus at a trap shoot than have the experience of approximately 66% Covid 19 sick folks in NY who believe they contracted it while being out of harms way in their own home! Furthermore, I sense it is much less risk contracting the virus at a trap shoot than going to the grocery. I disagree that the extensive cancelations of trap shoots has promoted safety. I realize the crowd gathering rules issued by government officials so you can be safe has many sheep giving up their freedoms because they think government knows best. Keep your hands sanitized and avoid putting them in your mouth, nose, or eyes. Oh yes, don't be hugging and kissing your fellow trap shooters!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts