Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harold Schultz was killed in a car accident last night, don't know much more than that at this time, just got the phone call. mark crist

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Mark, thanks for letting us know. Please PM or call me when you have more details.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. God Bless.

Steve Elliott

·
Registered
613 Posts
I read this with sadness,,Harold was quite a fellow,,I shot with Him at Ben Avery in 1998 when he was the oldest person to be punched to the 27 yd line ,,He lost a yard and accomplished it again a year later ,I shot with him at Casa Grande and ben Avery last winter ,he shot from a chair,,He really had some good storys to tell ,,I believe he would have been 95 years old now ,,We will miss him,,
MX8Dave David Lang

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not to take away from the title of this thread “Kansas lost a shooter last night” but to add that “Alaska lost a legend shooter last night”. I doubt if Harold’s Alaska State shoot record number of wins in the singles as a senior vet will be topped.

I consider myself fortunate to have known Harold and to see him last July at Birchwood. He was true gentleman of the sport who could tell stories with that humorous dry wit of his.

RIP Harold, you will be missed.

View attachment 243118

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe he was in the ALASKA HOF, I know we put him and his son in the KS HOF a few years ago. Wish I could remember how many dozens of times Harold drove the Alaska highway, he would summer there and winter in AZ with shooting everywhere in the middle! GREAT guy and I have never heard an ill word spoken of him. Fun fella to listen to. And you are right, he will be missed. mark crist

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I've always heard that things like these come in 3's!!! Its very sad to lose 3 top shooters just before Christmas this year. My heart goes out to all 3 family's. May God Bless and Rest In Peace to each and every one of them. Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
613 Posts
Missed Some ,Harold had told me some time ago that he had driven the Alcan over 70 times ,I am sure he drove it more after that ,,,Mx9Dave

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just got word that there will not be a formal service for Harold, He will be cremated and ashes goin back to Alaska. Ask that donations be made to NRA or Kansas Trapshooting Hall of Fame. mark

·
Registered
27 Posts
Couple years ago Tuttle Creek (KS) had a 500 singles marithon. Harold was our squad leader. Harold said "Guys I plan just to shoot 300." As we were walking off the 3rd bank; Harold says, "Carl would you go tell the cashier I am shootiing 500, and will settle up when we finsih," If my memory is correct, Harold broke a 96 and 97. I hope in 20 years, I can shoot a 500 bird marithon.
Prayers to the family and friends.
Carl Hamm

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
He came up and shot with us last summer at the Alaska State Shoot. 92 or 93, I really enjoyed talking to him while he was here.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have known Harold since I first started shooting trap in 1976 as a teenager. We lost a good man. RIP Harold.

Jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.