Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just picked up my new to me K80. It has a 2008 receiver with what appears to be very few rounds through it. The owner stated 2000. It has a pull trigger. However it has been several years since I sold my last K80 and have been shooting a CG (inertia trigger) and Blaser with (stikers instead of hammers). When I got it home I was doing some dry firing (with caps ofcourse) the first pull seems as it should but when I let off the trigger it seems to click like it is resetting the trigger for the second shot. It almost feels like a release set. I can't remember if this was normal with my old K80. I know with my blaser it is seemless. I am sure this is because it is a striker instead of a hammer. I'm going to compare with my buddies K80 to see if it feels the same, if it doesn't I'm going to take it to Allems or Ottsville.

·
Registered
823 Posts
That's the spring switching the mechanism to the second barrel sear. It's not supposed to be noticeable during live fire.

Just a quirk of design, you get used to it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guy, my buddy just came over and looked at it for me. He is the resident Krieghoff expert and said it was fine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ok, lets see now, first a k80, then a Caesar, then my blaser, I got your Caesar,
now back to a K80, when you are done with the new K80, maybe i'll trade you back for the K80 for the Caesar ???

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There were a few ljutics and brownings in there as well.... :) Still have the blaser and am shooting it well. I just can't get passed the K80 I used to have, however I did shoot the CG better than any gun I have owned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts