Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a k80 and the bottom barrel choke thhread is a bit tight to get the choke into. i spoke to a guy who told me of a tool you can buy to clean and re-cut the factory thread. anyone know of such an item and where to get one? thanks des

·
Registered
14,549 Posts
Send it to Krieghoff and have them do it with the proper tools. If you crossthread it, repair is going to be VERY expensive or impossible, and I doubt you can buy a tool that will to as good a job as the tools Krieghoff owns.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I use a 10 gauge brass brush chucked up in a cordless drill and run it in reverse after I jam it straight in half way past the threads. It just unscrews itself along with any crap in the barrel threads.

One of the ways we deal with a flat thread in industrial maint. is to unscrew it about a quarter turn from tight and tap it straight into the barrel using the butt of a hammer handle. Then loosen it another quarter turn and repeat, until you've done it for a couple of full revolutions. Failing that, send the barrel to Ottsville inside a piece of PVC pipe with threaded end caps and lots of bubble wrap around the barrel and a dish towel inside each end of the tube.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, ottsville is a bit far [ i'm in australia] local machinist cleaned the gunk out. now is just like a new one . many thanks des

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.