Trapshooters Forum banner

K80 Super Sporter vs Parcours X

5522 Views 15 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  bossbasl
All - new to the forum and seeking information as I consider purchasing a different K80 - currently I shoot a PRO sporter and have decided it is time to move to a flat rib K80 and something lighter (Pro Sporter is 9lbs 11oz)

narrowed it down to a Parcours X or supersport - inputs appreciated - would be very helpful to hear from those who have shot a PRO and made the switch - thank you
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,394 Posts
The K-80 Parcours X has a lighter barrel with mid-rib and a stock that is straighter and a bit lighter than the #3/#7 Sporter stock resulting in a lighter weight K-80 with swing dynamics more similar to a Perazzi with mid-weight barrels. For a K-80 Sporter I enjoy a K-80 Gold Super Scroll with 32" Parcours barrels (1.39 K.G, or 3# 1oz.) and Parcours stock. The Parcours X barrels basically split the weight difference between the Parcours and Sporter barrels. Strongly suggest you shoot a Parcours X model with Parcours stock to see if you like the more dynamic swing characteristics. I found I preferred the even lighter Parcours because I have been accustomed to an MX8 with 1.55 KG barrels. Switching from a 32" Sporter to a 32" Parcours is quite significant and Parcours X might be a better fit (or maybe not), so, shoot both the Parcours and Parcours X to verify what works best for you. Don't forget to shoot both with the newer Parcours wood set, as I believe you may prefer it to the #3/#7 Sporter wood. Good luck.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The K-80 Parcours X has a lighter barrel with mid-rib and a stock that is straighter and a bit lighter than the #3/#7 Sporter stock resulting in a lighter weight K-80 with swing dynamics more similar to a Perazzi with mid-weight barrels. For a K-80 Sporter I enjoy a K-80 Gold Super Scroll with 32" Parcours barrels (1.39 K.G, or 3# 1oz.) and Parcours stock. The Parcours X barrels basically split the weight difference between the Parcours and Sporter barrels. Strongly suggest you shoot a Parcours X model with Parcours stock to see if you like the more dynamic swing characteristics. I found I preferred the even lighter Parcours because I have been accustomed to an MX8 with 1.55 KG barrels. Switching from a 32" Sporter to a 32" Parcours is quite significant and Parcours X might be a better fit (or maybe not), so, shoot both the Parcours and Parcours X to verify what works best for you. Don't forget to shoot both with the newer Parcours wood set, as I believe you may prefer it to the #3/#7 Sporter wood. Good luck.
Good information thank you

· Premium Member
1,797 Posts
All comes down to personal preference. I tried the pro-sporter route and couldn't stand the higher rib. Tried the parcours and couldn't stand not seeing the ramp of the standard rib. Went back to the standard sporter rib I've been shooting for 25+ years and all is good. As stated above, try before you buy. Good luck and good shooting, Rey

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All comes down to personal preference. I tried the pro-sporter route and couldn't stand the higher rib. Tried the parcours and couldn't stand not seeing the ramp of the standard rib. Went back to the standard sporter rib I've been shooting for 25+ years and all is good. As stated above, try before you buy. Good luck and good shooting, Rey
Thank you Rey - good perspective

· Registered
1,081 Posts
I too have been considering going to a flat rib gun. I current shoot high rib CG and high rib Beretta sporters. I got to shoot a new Parcours X on a variety of targets with very good results. The weight and swing dynamics worked well for me.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too have been considering going to a flat rib gun. I current shoot high rib CG and high rib Beretta sporters. I got to shoot a new Parcours X on a variety of targets with very good results. The weight and swing dynamics worked well for me.
Thank you again - I have shouldered a super sporter and a Parcours- have not got my hands on an X yet - appear to be in short supply at the moment - I have been told it will take 2000-3000 rounds to acclimate to a Parcours - admittedly the Parcours felt light but big change in dynamics from PRO sport to Parcours

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been told that gun fit accounts for 60% of the recoil equation meaning if you have a properly fit gun the felt recoil is much better - I guess that will be a factor among all the different K80 styles

· Registered
773 Posts
I love my 32” parcours. I did have an opportunity recently to shoot the parcours x and I found it to feel barrel heavy. On a side note I have shot the 34” parcours barrels and liked them a lot.

· Registered
966 Posts
I have been told that gun fit accounts for 60% of the recoil equation meaning if you have a properly fit gun the felt recoil is much better - I guess that will be a factor among all the different K80 styles
Gun fit is obviously vitally important. That said, physics is physics. A 7lbs gun that fits like a glove is going to kick ya.

The parcours is simply too light for heavy clay usage in my opinion. Unless you add weight to it, which defeats the purpose.

· Registered
3,972 Posts
Had a beautiful Danube engraved K-80 with a fabulous Tom Smith stock that I would likely still have if the Parcours barrels had come a couple years earlier. Was too heavy for me and I currently shoot an MX8 with 31.5 barrels weighing 1.56kg for Sporting.

· Registered
773 Posts
I love my 32” parcours. I did have an opportunity recently to shoot the parcours x and I found it to feel barrel heavy. On a side note I have shot the 34” parcours barrels and liked them a lot.
On longer shots (sporting clays) it points easier. Barrel weight between the 32 and 34 parcours barrels are the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.