Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the downfall of the K80 lightweight receivers? How much of a negative are they as far as durability and resale?

·
Registered
759 Posts
My wife has been shooting one for 15 years or so. It's been renickeled a couple of times because of high acid content in her hands, but no trouble other than routine maintenance. I've had one come through the shop that had cracked. Customer posts on here sometimes. Krieghoff Int replaced the receiver with a new one for a small exchange fee. They don't seem to bring the same money as a steel receiver but wouldn't be afraid to buy one. Larry

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I would love to have a lightweight K receiver with a drilled out K-32 field stock and a set of my .410 field barrels. I would shoot for 7 1/4 pounds.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I've had several in varous grades that I used for skket, trap and hunting simply by changing out the barrels and wood - very versatile.

The only problem is after someone shoots it they feel the need to buy it - and I'm a push-over for taking $$ when someone wants instant gratifiction.

I'm currently shooting a stand grade ltwt receiver and wish I could find a Parcours-Grade LtWt in excellent condition.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
DB Bill, Great Gun Set..Here's your wood set on S/S with 20ga with Brileys makes for Very Dynamic Combo. Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends, Bart
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Shotgun

Gun Rifle Firearm Air gun Trigger

Musical instrument accessory Tool Electronic instrument Musical instrument

·
Registered
433 Posts
I shot an aluminum rec tube set for skeet in 90's and worked well. The family I sold it to have passed it down and shot a lot of rounds. Well the lightwt receiver broke last year and Kreighoff made them a good deal on replacement. jim w.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Post a picture of the light weight that's not nickel plated. I've never seen or heard of one. I'd like to see what it looks like. Larry

·
Registered
997 Posts
When I talked to the folks in Ottsville I was told if you had a LtWt K-80 and the receiver cracked or became unsafe to shoot they would replace it with a new K-80 LtWt receiver & iron or if you wanted a standard weight receiver they would make you a deal - the only caveat being the LtWt couldn't show signs of intentional abuse.

I've heard accounts of these receiver's cracking etc but I've been shooting LtWt receivers (as have several friends) for a lot of years & have never had a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.