Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is required to change firing pins ?
DIY Description would be good for us all if we needed to do this at an event .
Any how to photographs ?

·
Registered
13,786 Posts
K80 firing pin change is NOT DIY, esp not if you need instructions to do it. The firing pin block is basically the very last thing to come out of the receiver, so there is a good chance if you try to do this at a shoot you'll be left with a non-functional gun.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I have been shooting Krieghoffs for many years and I truly love the guns.
However, I have to wonder why after all these years of production, Krieghoff has not made these little repairs easier for shooters to do.
Perazzi, Browning, Beretta, and more, all make their guns so minor maintenance can be done at home.
If you don't have a "certified Krieghoff gunsmith " nearby, you have to ship your gun for every little spring and pin that breaks. A pain in the neck, and understandably drives some people to another manufacturer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here in the UK we don't have Krieghoff Gunsmiths , so any repair it's off to Krieghoff UK at about $400 a time for anything . A gentleman posted on here he could change pins on his Krieghoff in about 20 minutes ? I would like to see photographs similar to those supplied f

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A phone book to ring your nearest Krieghoff certified gunsmith. Hopefully, they are at the shoot. This isn't your Browning /Miroku 10 minute job.
blackandgold,
I live in the UK, we do not have independant Krieghoff gunsmiths so we have to go back to Krieghoff UK for every repair, this may explain why many Krieghoff owners sell them and go back to Brownings or Beretta?
I have a number of Miroku's which are extremely reliable but I do love my Krieghoffs also .

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
blackandgold,
I live in the UK, we do not have independant Krieghoff gunsmiths so we have to go back to Krieghoff UK for every repair, this may explain why many Krieghoff owners sell them and go back to Brownings or Beretta?
I have a number of Miroku's which are extremely reliable but I do love my Krieghoffs also .
Could be. I have both and love both as well. Caesar Guerini is like that in the USA. So far as I know, all CG work goes to CG USA in Maryland. Things to think about when buying into a gun.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blackandgold,
Yes we also have the same here with Blaser , only one service workshop and no spares available to the general public .
Thanks for your replies .

·
Registered
302 Posts
I change my own pins, and it does take some time....a Krieghoff gunsmith can change them in 30 minute, if he stops for a coffee break, because he’s done it so many times....have it done by them...you’ll be happy..👍

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My whole reason for asking my question was for the education and to help all, especially those who have the tools, knowledge and manual dexterity to do their own repairs. As I have said , here in the UK we have to go to Krieghoff UK for parts and service , which I do , I am very happy with their service , but it would be nice to have the knowledge to be able to self repair if it became a necessity whilst away from home. I really would love to see a video of the Krieghoff repair .Just for knowledge and entertainment value.

·
Registered
13,786 Posts
Will they even sell you the parts to replace? It's difficult to impossible to find most Krieghoff parts retail in the US.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
There is one SPECIAL TOOL! That without you will be pulling your hair out over not having. It is a channel with the steps and angles to align the hammers and push them into position to be pinned in place, that is the front. The back is going to need a place with a hole for a bolt of the same size as the stock bolt. Mine and the ones I saw to copy it from use round stock for the bolt, you tighten the hammer installation jig until the hammers line up, drive in the hammer pin. With the special tool thirty minutes is a generous amount of time even with lunch figured in. Without it you may not have a hair left on your body when you give up and take it to a smith that has the tool.

I will try to post a picture of my special tool. But my phone hasn't wanted to post pictures here.

Al

Reactions: ishoottrap

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
A phone book to ring your nearest Krieghoff certified gunsmith. Hopefully, they are at the shoot. This isn't your Browning /Miroku 10 minute job.
I just did this to clean the firing pins in my Citori......ten minutes to do the actual job....a lot longer to get the stock bolt loose to get to them though...... I will admit this was a one off though, but damn, that bolt was on there tight!!!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
There is one SPECIAL TOOL! That without you will be pulling your hair out over not having. It is a channel with the steps and angles to align the hammers and push them into position to be pinned in place, that is the front. The back is going to need a place with a hole for a bolt of the same size as the stock bolt. Mine and the ones I saw to copy it from use round stock for the bolt, you tighten the hammer installation jig until the hammers line up, drive in the hammer pin. With the special tool thirty minutes is a generous amount of time even with lunch figured in. Without it you may not have a hair left on your body when you give up and take it to a smith that has the tool.

I will try to post a picture of my special tool. But my phone hasn't wanted to post pictures here.

Al
Goodness! I'm so glad I shoot Beretta DT10s. My last firing pin/firing pin spring change carried out by factory trained gunsmiths cost me less than15 bucks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts