Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a high rib barrel fitted to my K80 standard trap receiver/stock. The problem is I can't get the adjustable comb high enough. I don't want to change/mess with the current comb because I want to be able to put it back on to shoot my low ribbed barrel. If I install longer posts I won't be able to get the old comb low enough. Solution (I think) is to build a new/replacement comb that is high enough for the high ribbed barrel. This way I can swap combs and barrels easily. Does anybody know where I can get the hardware for the comb to match my current hardware? I called Kreighoff, they told me my four piece hardware system is the "old style" and they don't have the parts. Help/advise much appreciated. Thanks, Tony J [email protected] drop the X's

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
For me the best solution was a set of longer posts. Just swap the posts when you change barrels. Mark the hardware and have a spacer so you get them in the same place each time you change. HMB

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Have a set of posts made that are just barely short enough to give you the low setting, but just barely high enough to be able to be used w/ the tall rib barrel. Unless the difference b/w the 2 is an inch or more, you should be fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.