Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here heard of a K80 breech coming uncoupled after the shot? Top barrel only. Acts like someone pushed the lever sideways to open the breech to eject the shell. This is while I still have the gun shouldered.

Bud

·
Sky Buster
4,167 Posts
I had the same issue and thought the worst. Turns out the top latch was just a bit loose. The great team in Ottsville fixed it right up ! Wonderful people. I too was criticized before I hit 50 posts. Funny folks here ! Welcome aboard the roller coaster. Get extra tickets !! Kindest Regards ES
$$$$$

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
if the gun is just under a year old it should be a warranty fix and not cost yo a dime unless you have to ship it, Krieghoff has a 10 year warranty that they stand behind really well

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I keep mine lubed. It should not be used without some lube. If that is what it takes (no lube) then, it needs to be sent in for a check.
Or, wear your gun out...………..

·
Registered
454 Posts
I keep mine lubed. It should not be used without some lube. If that is what it takes (no lube) then, it needs to be sent in for a check.
Or, wear your gun out...………..
I agree. I'm just stating what happened to me on this day. It has been looked over before and after this day with no report of ill health.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Some lube is okay but to much can cause problems, especially when shooting in the rain. I noticed it when shooting doubles les in the rain, took it to kreighoff and their gunsmith said it can be overdone. Now I use a VERY small dab of superlube and no problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts