Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an older K80 last fall. Sent it to KI for an annual and a few other things. Been shooting it since early February. Last night I decided to lock the barrel selector. To my surprise when the set screw is tightened enough lock the selector the second barrel will not fire. I will contact KI next week but for now are thrre any suggestions as to what is causing this?

· Registered
498 Posts
Since you have the stock off, look at the little ball when you change your barrel selector, it should move to engage the sear for that barrel. There should be a wire passing through the ball from front to back, my guess is the the ball is between the sears. If this the case the wire is not going through the hole in the ball.
FYI if this happens with barrels installed and the top lever won't release to open the barrels, push the trigger forward then push the top lever, you should be able to open the barrels.

· Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sts1100, the wire is in place. I may have discovered the cause. I have big hands so I had the shoe moved forward to within about a mm from the selector. I moved the shoe rearward until the shoe was even with the front of the block to which it mounts and tightened the selector set screw. Seems to have fixed the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.